News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal for the Crossing to the Swedish Coast 1809

lambert

Not totally sure but if it is wrong it is a lot better than the usual fakes. there was definite genuine piece in ANS 2 Morton and Eden Autumn 2006. catalogue is available on line www.mortonandeden.com. So you could compare with the illustration. I know I gave the diameter but I can't remember whether I gave the weight.

P

2 hours ago, paul wood said:

Not totally sure but if it is wrong it is a lot better than the usual fakes. there was definite genuine piece in ANS 2 Morton and Eden Autumn 2006. catalogue is available on line www.mortonandeden.com. So you could compare with the illustration. I know I gave the diameter but I can't remember whether I gave the weight.

P

Hi Paul
    Thank you, I will compare with the catalog. it can be a stroke of luck to find such a rare metal in a garage sale. we will see!

Best Regards

Lambert

On 12/08/2020 at 17:24, paul wood said:

whoops just noticed the elephant in the room the obverse is AII should be AI for Alexander I  

This is not "II" of course but "I".

Very weirdly and very fakely executed "I", I must add.

995812569_medalha2.png.f6d192224971b9f27df1ae1203363e01.png

Just now, JapanX said:

This is not "II" of course but "I".

Very weirdly and very fakely executed "I", I must add.

995812569_medalha2.png.f6d192224971b9f27df1ae1203363e01.png

I was just about to comment about that also.  How can a faker be so careful and precise but make this mistake.  I know I don't have the only copy of Werlich.