News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I think it's authentic or don't see anything suggest otherwise, despite there are many fakes of these out. However, I absolutely cannot read the script! Are you aware we are having an Ottoman/Turkish forum here? There are the experts, who may or may not find this "German" thread. Also, over there there's quite some older threads on the topic, like this one: TURKISH RIBBON BARS. Maybe you want to compare to those shown there, and/or ask the Ottoman/Turkish experts?

• 2 weeks later...

Scott, I have no idea how many Germans fought in the Baghdad area in WW1, but it definitely is an uncommon battle clasps to encounter. The medal bar looks fine and authentic to me, I don't see any problems or "red flags".

On 06/09/2020 at 10:46, 1812 Overture said:

I saw a similar auction many years ago, I only saved the pictures, I hope I can help you

Sorry to say so, comrade, but the auction photos are not of actual help in this regard... 

Edited by saschaw

• 2 weeks later...

Bar arrived today I slide in a Turkish made star and it fits right into marks on Bulgarian medal And ribbons . There  was also something  pinned on Hungarian medal ribbon  ?  It’s a bit worn but I do like this bar . 
    Also better pics of campaign bar.

243720F0-4222-4B54-A7D8-8111BF48B9DD.jpeg

CA7A274D-C5FE-4996-9E19-723FFB556BBE.jpeg

9970A685-09D0-4DE6-B240-86F187F5B6B4.jpeg

Edited by scottplen

• 8 months later...