News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Photo album of a Napoleonic empire's collection

Schoenwurf

Hi,

This is not my field of collection so I would like to have your opinions about this photo album of a huge collection from the Napoleonic empire. It contains 7 large size photos and the collection is really impressive ! The album is luxurious and measures 30x40 cm
    There is a dedication dated from 1933 : "Respectueux Souvenirs à Monsieur Vallot Directeur Général des Services d'Alsace et Lorraine - Strasbourg le 22 Novembre 1933 - Ed.Weil"
    I've found out that Paul Valot (and not "Vallot" as written in the dédicace !) was Préfet and Directeur général des services d'Alsace et de Lorraine à la Présidence du Conseil from 1925 à 1941.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commissaire_général_de_la_République_chargé_de_réorganiser_les_trois_anciens_départements_d'Alsace-Lorraine

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5332.jpg

IMG_5334.jpg

more photos

IMG_5335.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

7 minutes ago, dedehansen said:

I would read the dediction as 1923.

At the original resolution, I can see why you would think that, Andreas. However, when blown up, I think that it is 1933, which fits in with M. Valot's dates of service, of course.

2020-10-16_12-38-10.png.bd798fad1722de6cd6eafa9312c531de.png

• 4 months later...
    • 10 months later...