News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Book: Preussen-Sammlung Max Aurich by Friedhelm Heyde

I found two of these books for sale on one website for over $300 and three on another website for over $550.  Pardon my naïveté, but why is it so expensive?  Is this still the best source for 1813, 1870 and 1914 EKs?  Aren't there other, more modern publications that have even better, higher-quality photos?

Ek book-Heyde2.jpeg

EK book-Heyde1.jpeg

Edited by Claudius

I think it's because they cater for a niche market, (not everyone is interested in iron crosses or similar) so the print run is limited, cost of production etc has to be spread over a relatively limited sales, add to that antiquated books may well be inflated due to scarcity, my thoughts 

Regards alex

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised, very surprised by those prices and only paid a fraction for mine, but in my eyes, this is the classical EK reference. It's true the picture quality is obviously 1980s standard, but the shown pieces... I do not know another EK book that doesn't show any (zero!) bullshit crosses. Seems the book became a collectible itself, as do many good, old books when they are out of print. To be honest, this one and Wernitz' 2013 work are the only (printed) references I'm frequently using on Prussian EKs!

• 2 weeks later...