News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Konteradmiral Carl Franz - Ottoman Awards

Kriegsmarine Admiral

• 4 weeks later...
    • 10 months later...

Just a correction on the photo ;

(1) marked Breast Star  is an Osmanie as mentioned . But (1) marked Osmanie Badge is Not an Osmanie Badge , it is an Medjidie Badge . Btw , can not guarantee without measuring but i think that set is a Grand Cross set of Osmanie  ..

(2) marked Breast Star is Medjidie , it is right but (2) marked badge is the Osmanie's badge , not Medjidie ...

So there was criss-cross mistake ...  

: )

Avsar

1 hour ago, avsaribar said:

Just a correction on the photo ;

(1) marked Breast Star  is an Osmanie as mentioned . But (1) marked Osmanie Badge is Not an Osmanie Badge , it is an Medjidie Badge . Btw , can not guarantee without measuring but i think that set is a Grand Cross set of Osmanie  ..

(2) marked Breast Star is Medjidie , it is right but (2) marked badge is the Osmanie's badge , not Medjidie ...

So there was criss-cross mistake ...  

: )

Avsar

Thank you Avsar! Yes, now I see that I marked them wrongly.

So, you think the Osmaniye Set is 1st Class (Grand Cross) and the Medjidie Set is 2nd Class, correct?

I still think the Osmaniye Set is 2nd Class, because I have information that he was awarded this order on 6 April 1904, when he was still a Kapitan zur See. This rank is too low for him to be awarded the Grand Cross.

Edited by Kriegsmarine Admiral

I worked with the pictures , photo shoots and scans of the Osmanies and Medjidies a lot when i was publishing my book and from my experiences my eyes told me that the proportions of the Osmanie Breast Star in the pictures seems to be a Grand Cross Breast Star... But again i would like to mention here that we can not say definitely without measuring the diameter of the Breast Star unless it is a Diamond one ... ( All Diamond Medjidies and Osmanies are Grand Crosses no matter their sizes .. )

Avsar Ibar