News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Why is this Bavarian Ribbon so Gigantic?

1 hour ago, Deruelle said:

Hi,

This is for a neck award. It is possible to have size of the ribbon please ?

Christophe

It looks like just under 5 1/2 cm.

Do you think it’s the Neck Ribbon then? It doesn't have a tie.

062842C7-2D7D-4110-9379-71AC2CAB149D.jpeg

2 hours ago, Deruelle said:

Too big to be a knight cross ribbon. Probably a neck ribbon which has never been worn. Have you made uv test to know if it is original or not ?

I haven’t. Though what type of bulb should I get for such a test. I should get one.

6 hours ago, Ravenft said:

It looks like just under 5 1/2 cm.

Do you think it’s the Neck Ribbon then? It doesn't have a tie.

062842C7-2D7D-4110-9379-71AC2CAB149D.jpeg

Christophe is correct, it looks like a ribbon for the commanders cross which if real, is not a bad catch.

Kind regards,

Sandro

1.JPG

28.JPG

7 hours ago, GdC26 said:

Christophe is correct, it looks like a ribbon for the commanders cross which if real, is not a bad catch.

Kind regards,

Sandro

1.JPG

28.JPG

Thanks for the reference! Well mine doesn't have that watered look that your has. Also the blue stripes on mine are a lot wider. I don't have a UV bulb to test it but the material doesn't feel like silk. And the edges have a different weave to them. I am guessing it is an old replacement ribbon?

32 minutes ago, Ravenft said:

Thanks for the reference! Well mine doesn't have that watered look that your has. Also the blue stripes on mine are a lot wider. I don't have a UV bulb to test it but the material doesn't feel like silk. And the edges have a different weave to them. I am guessing it is an old replacement ribbon?

Well possible, based on your description, but hard to say without having it in hand. It may still be good to do a blacklight test - if the ribbon fails that, that is a strong indication of post WWI (and probably post WWII, although that is debated)  manufacture.