News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Slovak Ribbon on German Bar?

I recently got these two ribbon bars, which obviously belonged to a Baden native. The last ribbon on the longer bar has been puzzling me since then, I had never seen it before. It was obviously improvised by the outfitter, see the picture. Could this be one of the ribbons for the Slovak Bravery Medal?

s-l1600-20.jpg

s-l1600-21.jpg

IMG_9328.jpg

Hello!

According to the last photo.

The left one is the bulgarian war medal 1914-1918 with swords.

The right one is unknown to me. Is the middle stripe blue or black? As far as I know, the slovakian medal of bravery (1940) had a blue middle stripe

On 14/03/2021 at 07:25, The Prussian said:

Hello!

According to the last photo.

The left one is the bulgarian war medal 1914-1918 with swords.

The right one is unknown to me. Is the middle stripe blue or black? As far as I know, the slovakian medal of bravery (1940) had a blue middle stripe

Yes, right. The second to last ribbon in the bottom picture is the Bulgarian war medal. 

The stripe in the middle of the last ribbon is blue, so yes, it could have been this ribbon for the Slovak Bravery Medal:

sk1tmg.gif

I have only seen the second and third class on german ribbon bars, but never the first. It seems to be very rare in general. 

The only bar I can show is this one to an Oberfeldarzt with the second class among other foreign awards.

SAM_9964.JPG

Edited by Nicolas7507

Thank you very much! Oberfeldarzt d.R. Dr. August Brun (15.01.1893-Nach 1969)

01.02.1936 Sanitäts-Abteilung 9
    31.03.1937 Sanitäts-Abteilung 36
    20.03.1941 Kriegs-Lazarett-Abteilung 520

00.00.1943 Kommandeur Sanitätsabteilung Lemberg

Coincidentally he is seen on a photograph with Generalleutnant Kurt Beuttel, whom bar I have as well. What a small world!

Edited by Nicolas7507