News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I would love to know more about Wilhelm Grade, who, like his brother Hans (Alter Adler Nr. 2), was an early flyer (since 1910), and chose a military career. He was born 14. Juli 1875 in Köslin, I really need his death date. Promotion dates für Fahnenjunker, Fähnrich, Leutnant and Major would be great, he became Hauptmann on 1. Oktober 1912. Before the war he had the Zentenarmedaille, Roter Adler Orden, IV. Klasse and [[Hausorden vom Weißen Falken]], Ritter II. Klasse (GSF3b/SF3b). Does anyone know when he retired? Decorations for WWI (he was leader of the Feldflieger-Abteilung)? Maybe even a picture? Thank you!

Edited by Deutschritter

Hi, I don't have much really. He began the war as head of FFA 7 before before becoming Stofl 1 in 1915. I have a note that he was CO of FEA 1 around 1915-1916 when Friedrich Mallinckrodt made some flights. Possibly also CO of FFA 19 but no dates and not confirmed. Promoted Major on 18 Oct 1918. 

Hi Deutschritter

Some minor further info: PiB 26,PiB 4, PiB 26, FlgSt Döberitz, FlgSt Döberitz II, FB 1/2, FB 1 stab before BOW.

Lt 180896, Oblt 270107, Hptm ern. 180811, Hptm 011012, Major 181018, abschied 100919

He died 06.03.1954 in Berlin.

He was not in FFA 19 during the War.

I "still" recommend that you get access to ancestry.de where you can find the info mentioned above and lots of more info. First three months free which you need to learn how to search etc. Then 10 Teuro each months, it is equivalent to two large Beers :cheers: :cheers:

Wilhelm Grade does not have any known files in BAMA Freiburg or BA Berlin. Have you asked the archivarian of the Grade Museum south of Berlin ?, they might have info on Wilhelm..

Mvh

Gunnar

Edited by Soderbaum

Thank you very much, Gunnar, this is great. But I couldn't find him with PiB 26. Too bad, no HOH?! Seeing his Abschied was on 10 September 1919 (Vorläufige Reichswehr), I wonder if he was a member of the Freikorps (maybe Baltikum) beforehand? Even 10 a month are at present too much ... the sad truth. Here is what I have now (thank you, Gentlemen):

*Eintritt: ?

*Fahnenjunker: ?

*Fähnrich: ?

*Sekondeleutnant: 18. August 1896

** im Samländischen Pionier-Bataillon Nr. 18

** 1899/1900 für ein Jahr zur Vereinigten Artillerie- und Ingenieurschule kommandiert

** Bataillonsadjutant im Pionier-Bataillon Nr. 18

*Oberleutnant ohne Patent: 22. April 1905

** zur Kriegsakademie kommandiert

*Oberleutnant mit Patent: 27. Januar 1907

** Chef der 1. Kompanie/Pionier-Bataillon Nr. 18

** 1908  der 4. Ingenieur-Inspektion unterstellt und zur Fortifikationsdienst in Metz (Reichsland Elsaß-Lothringen) kommandiert

** 1909  Adjutant der 2. Ingenieur-Inspektion in Berlin-Wilmersdorf

** 28. September 1910 auf dem Flugfeld Mars bei Bork sein Flugmaschinenführer-Zeugnis erhalten (Alter Adler Nr. 29)

*Hauptmann ohne Patent: 18. August 1911

** als Chef der 1. Kompanie in das Magdeburgische Pionier-Bataillon Nr. 4 versetzt

* Hauptmann mit Patent: 1. Oktober 1912

** 1913 Chef der 2. Kompanie des Flieger-Bataillons Nr. 1 (Garde-Korps/Inspektion der Fliegertruppen) auf dem Flugplatz Döberitz

* Major: 18. Oktober 1918

Edited by Deutschritter

Hi again

Oops I mentioned PiB 26 two times ?, the first should be PiB 18 as you mentioned.

If you read the MWB for Febr 1913, you can see that Wilhelm Grade was transferred as Kp leader in PiB 26 to Fliegertruppe. At moment I dont have the date when he joined PiB 26.

The Fliegertruppe did not yet had created Kompanien, instead it was called Stationen. Later in autumn of 1913 basically all Flieger Stationen were changed into Kompanien (three for each Flieger Bataillon).

Gunnar

Edited by Soderbaum