News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Documented Soviet Medal Groups

I know that you have have seen the books(countless times!), but now I present the medals and orders that accompanied them!

I will start with the smallest(in size anyway)... This one is kinda sad actually. Despite all of the Gold and Silver medals heaped upon people for service years, this is the one they chose to give to someone after it was all over(retirement). Although not pretty, it does represent a lifetime of civilian service.

Close up (for Rick...you know which one ;-) !) Can you imagine how beautiful it was... freshly minted with a shiny silver glow... and the gilt "XX"? I bet that it was a sight to behold!

Here is the back... the best looking part of the medal!!! The medal/suspension link does not move freely. The link was not made for the suspension, IMHO. I am guessing that the link is from the original red suspension bar! I think that the owner used it to attach it to the Pentagon suspension...

I am thinking about having it professionally restored(polished and regilt) to bring it back to it's original glory!

Guest Darrell

Outstanding Paul. Great set of groupings.

HOWEVER .. are you serious about restoring that XX medal :o:shame:

Gotta leave it as is mate ....

P.S. I got one coming from Alexei with a doument as well. Nice seeing another one here as well :beer::jumping:

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

Wish I could read Russian :(

Maybe Rick can start putting on Russian Language Classes .... :P:beer::cheeky::jumping:

OOps sorry. Thought you were done posting..

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

Hi Darrell,

I was just joking about the restoring thing... I would never do such a thing. I just wanted to freak the two Ricks out for a few moments! :cheeky:

:rolleyes: whooo ... had me worried there for a moment :lol:

Pretty things, pretty things.

:beer::jumping::love:

(At least you have outgrown that Luft Waffle stuff :P )

Actually... I out grew the Soviet stuff! LOL I was collecting the Soviet stuff in '92 when it was"inexpensive"! I should have bought more!

I have tons more, but they do not belong to any documented groups(not that I have the paperwork to, anyway).

Thank you all for your warm comments! I sincerely appreciate them!

Paul