News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Freikorps Kreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern ?

Hello.
    New addition of a cross.
    On the front side it says "1914 Allezeit Bereit 1.Reserve Kompanie"
    On the back the manufacturer has the stamp "FLECK & SOHN HAMBURG 3 GES Gesch"
    There are crosses 1st and 2nd class.
    My cross is 2nd class and the silver plating is "frosted".
    I have not found any information whether they have ever been worn-awarted.
    IMO, they are from manufacturer stock who are never awarted.
    I am very grateful for any information.
    Thanks.
    Regards, Jannis

20210702_083715.jpg

20210702_083844.jpg

Yes. A fantasy sold by that crook Porre81 (his name is Marc Poredda). I'm sorry to say that he won't give you your money back either. I have complained about him repeatedly to eBay because he is one of the biggest crooks on there. But, they don't care.

Edited by bolewts58

2 hours ago, bolewts58 said:

Yes. A fantasy sold by that crook Porre81 (his name is Marc Poredda). I'm sorry to say that he won't give you your money back either. I have complained about him repeatedly to eBay because he is one of the biggest crooks on there. But, they don't care.

Hello.

I know Porre81 and his do, but the cross is not from him.
    In my cross the silver plating is "frosted" and the fastenings for the band ring is different than from Porre81.
    IMO Porre81 sells, everything he finds ,mostly copys, but also manufacturer stocks.
    I add photo to compare.
    Thanks.
    Regards, Jannis.

Zwischenablage1.jpg

I've been collecting for 60+ years and never saw this cross until during the last few years. I've never seen it in any reference books or archives. There simply is no documentation of which I'm aware of this cross. Also, it is absolutely not Freikorps.

While there are some very minor differences between your cross and the ones that Porre81 sells all the time and yours appears to be of slightly better quality, I am 100% sure they both come from the same source. I am also 100% sure that it's a made up award that never actually existed contemporary to the 1920s and onward. It's unfortunate it's not a legitimate award because it is rather attractive.

Edited by bolewts58

8 hours ago, bolewts58 said:

I've been collecting for 60+ years and never saw this cross until during the last few years. I've never seen it in any reference books or archives. There simply is no documentation of which I'm aware of this cross. Also, it is absolutely not Freikorps.

While there are some very minor differences between your cross and the ones that Porre81 sells all the time and yours appears to be of slightly better quality, I am 100% sure they both come from the same source. I am also 100% sure that it's a made up award that never actually existed contemporary to the 1920s and onward. It's unfortunate it's not a legitimate award because it is rather attractive.

You are right, in spite of my intensive search, in forums
    and in books, have not found any information.

Right, wrong title not a Freikorps,from the motto can be a Regiments Erinnerungskreuz .

I have found, at various sources, 1st class cross with various attachments and the placement of the manufacturer's stamp in different positions.
    On all crosses the manufacturer's stamp is identical.
    IMO, that means different stamps have been used.
    It is more fitting the are Muster Kreuze pattern crosses than fakes-fantasy pieces.
    Why should one faker use several stamps?
    It's just my personal opinion with no evidence.
    Thank you very much ,for your time and opinion.
    Regards,Jannis.

Zwischenablage (1).jpg

Edited by johannis

16 minutes ago, Simius Rex said:

The photos of the three Steckkreuze the OP used for illustration purposes are nicely executed, die-cut and die-stamped crosses.  The cross in the OP's first post is, however, a casting of extremely substandard quality.

People who desire to become serious and successful collectors in this hobby must FIRST learn to distinguish between a die-stamped piece and a crappy cast piece.  

Sorry if I say it, but you're wrong it's no cast, probably you were hasty.
    Take a closer look at the cross.
    Regards, Jannis.

19 minutes ago, Triad08 said:

Hello.  Normally I have to enlarge a photograph to determine if something is cast.  In the case of the cross that started this thread, that would be an unnecessary exercise.  Unfortunately, this cross exhibits the typical and unmistakable characteristics of a casting.  Regards.

Please, can you show me the characteristics .
    Thanks.

Regards,Jannis.

I don't care if it's cast or not. I don't want to be rude. But, you're typical of collectors who make a mistake, won't admit it and turn themselves inside trying to prove they're right, while denying the facts. Please accept the truth. THIS CROSS NEVER EXISTED UNTIL A FEW YEARS AGO. It is an invention and nothing more.

The resident expert/collector of Weimar era veteran awards, especially obscure awards, Eric Stahlhut has to my knowledge never shown this cross. I would think, if it was genuine, he would have long ago acquired one for his collection and shown it here. I'd be interested in his opinion on this.

Edited by bolewts58

well the word "allezeit" seems wrong to me, I am not 100 % sure, if the spelling has changed in the last 100 years but todays correct spelling would be "allzeit" So I would also say, this is pure fantasy and a modern piece. 

Edited by BlackcowboyBS

On 05/07/2021 at 18:35, BlackcowboyBS said:

well the word "allezeit" seems wrong to me, I am not 100 % sure, if the spelling has changed in the last 100 years but todays correct spelling would be "allzeit" So I would also say, this is pure fantasy and a modern piece. 

Yes, technically you're correct. You see contemporary regimental and veteran crosses with the contraction of "Alle Zeit" to Allzeit" Bereit (Alway Ready or Ready All the Time). "Alle Zeit" as two words is grammatically correct, but as one word, as written on this cross, not correct. The "e" in Alle should be dropped. If two words, "Zeit" being a noun should always have a capital "Z" at the beginning.

Grammar and spelling are often what trip up fakers.

Edited by bolewts58