News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi there, here is my FO maker High Seas Fleet badge. The pin/catch have been replaced/repaired, like most of my collection. I think it is good, any other ideas on it?

Thanks for any advice,

Pat

I am sorry to say that I feel that this is a cast copy of an original... even from the photos provided. The texture appears too rough and the details dont appear as sharp as I would like to see. Again, I hope that I am proven wrong...

ANy possibility of it being a late war die-casting? Again, are there noticeable differences between period die-castings and fake hand-castings? This would help me out a lot. Also, I will get bigger pics to show more detail soon.

Thanks,

Pat

Same technique as all the other fakes you've shown. The hinge/pin/catch are the same as the sub badge so it is probably bad too. The pins on all of these appear to be made from copper wire in someones garage. Not an approved TR technique.

Don