News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Grey C :  I only punctualized the fact that the German Jews served as OYV in many cases . They have the  required money to do so . and the education required to become reserve Leutnant after pass all the exams and fulfill the requisites . If they were commisioned is another thing. the exception were the Baptized Jews  which more or less could reach the rank of Leutnant . Others as Hugo Gutmann (1880 1962 ) joined the Army ( Bavarian in his case ) served two years and was posted in the Reserve with the rank of Feldwebel . when the War was declared in 1914 he was recalled  and destined to serve in the 16th Reserve Infantry Regiment of the Bavarian Army. he was commisioned in April of 1915 . Gutmann was the direct chief of Adolf Hitler and proposed him to the EK first class . I think that the Jews who were commisioned during the War could have been former OYVs 

• 1 year later...

Jacob Wolff (1969-1926) was my grandfather’s brother. My grandfather was Martin Wolff born 1871. I understand that Jacob and Martin had a number of other brothers. Their father was Louis Levy Wolff. Mother was Hanna Jacob Falk. My grandfather moved permanently to Australia in 1929. He was married to Clara Schaidt (second wife). Martin changed his name to Martin Martin in 1935 to protect his children from persecution.

I would appreciate any information about the Wolff family, Louis’ other children, etc. Clara Schaidt came from the town of Schaidt in Germany. Her father owned an inn in Schaidt.