News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen, I need information on Benno Bobrik. He took part in the wars of 1866 and 1870/71. 1896 he was Generaloberrarzt and was retired 1903 with the Charakter als Generalarzt. In a short bio of his son Dr. phil. Günther Bobrik I read, Benno Bobrik was reactivated 1914 as "Inspekteur der 1. Kriegssanitätsinspektion". Anything you have would be great, especially last rank, WW I decorations and death date. Thank you!

Hi Deutschritter,

He was indeed reactivated as "Inspekteur der 1. Kriegssanitätsinspektion" (Königsberg) during WW1 and he died 15.02.1924.

I recommend buying the Ehrenrangliste, as for someone like you asking for a lot of data within this period, you would find many answers in there.

Best,

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

As can be seen from his entry in this Stammliste from Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 1, Dr. Bobrik was not originally a career medical officer (hence he did not attend the Kaiser Wilhelms-Akademie and has no entry in that organisation's Stammliste). Following his lengthy tour with GR 1, he was promoted to Oberstabsarzt 2. Klasse on 30 July 1885 and appointed as the garrison medical officer in Danzig. On 15 May 1886 he was appointed as the regimental medical of Kürassier-Regiment Nr. 3. On 28 February 1891 he was awarded the Character of an Oberstabsarzt 1. Klasse (Major) and received a Patent as such on 24 October 1891. On 3 April 1897 he was appointed as the Divisions-Arzt (restyled as Generaloberarzt on 31 March 1898) of the 2. Division with a Patent of 24 April 1896. He was transferred in the same capacity to the 1. Division on 28 March 1899 and retired on 18 August 1903 with the Character of a Generalarzt.

Bobrik_GR1.thumb.jpg.eeae5de938ce35854bf2265bccdc737a.jpg

He was promoted to Assistenz-Arzt 1. Klasse on 16 May 1868 and to Stabsartz on 20 February 1872.

Regards

Glenn

Thank you, Glenn! Thank you, GreyC! I wished I could, but sadly financially not possible. This forum is oh so important for the last few of us, who are really interested in these details. One day, no one will be anymore. I have the feeling, it is up to our generation to gather and publish as much as we can, before no one cares any more. Here are the decorations I have for Benno Bobrik up to 1908 (Deutscher Ordens-Alamanch). Not much considering his 38 years of service from 1865 until 1903.

Erinnerungs-Kreuz für den Feldzug von 1866

Eisernes Kreuz (1870), II. Klasse am weißen Bande

Kaiserliche Kriegsdenkmünze 1870/71

Roter Adlerorden, IV. Klasse

Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz

Jubiläums-Eichenlaub „25“ 1870/1895

Zentenarmedaille, 1897

Rote Kreuz-Medaille (Preußen), III. und II. Klasse

Preußischer Kronenorden, III. Klasse

Generalarzt Bobrik, in: „Deutsche militärärztliche Zeitschrift – Vierteljährliche Mittellungen aus dem Gebiet des Militär-Sanitäts- und Versorgungswesens“, XXXII. Jahrgang, E. S. Mittler & Sohn, 1903, S. 715–716

Benno Bobrik (1).png

Benno Bobrik (2).png

Edited by Deutschritter

Glenn, GreyC, what do you think, was Bobrik, who had become Charakter als Generalarzt 1903, promoted to full Generalarzt 1914? Seeing he only had ROA4, would he at least receive ROA3 during the war? Maybe even Kronenorden II. class? Thanks!

Edited by Deutschritter

Gentlemen, one last question. I know a lot about his son Konrad, now I am gathering everything about son Dr. phil. Günther Bobrik (1888–1957). I have a feeling, he was a Reserveoffizier in WW I. I know he was a Reserveoffizier in WW II, I just don't know which unit. If anyone has anything on Günther, please let me know. Thank you!

Dr. phil. Günther Bobrik.jpg

Edited by Deutschritter