News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Saw this group on another platform. Thought it was very interesting. It got me thinking whether there are any other groups out there, to officers who have served a considerable amount of time, but didn’t qualify for any medal(s) for whatever reason. This chap had a Defence Medal for his police service (unnamed of course), so without knowing it’s provenance, it would appear that he had no metallic recognition for all those years in the police. In the army it is not uncommon for a soldier not to receive an LSGC, due to disciplinary short failings, but has anyone come across an example of a police officer completing his service (or a vast amount of it) but not getting him be for whatever reason? I would assume that any conduct deemed inappropriate enough to discount an LSGC in all likelihood would normally lead to dismissal from the force, but there’s must be exceptions?

A0DAD65A-ADC2-4F41-A3D3-C28D71CC2179.jpeg

I worked with two officers who were denied their PLS&GC medals because of conviction for discipline offences. In other words when they reached their 22 year point of service they did not get the medal. Their discipline transgressions occurred during their early years of service and they subsequently had to serve for twenty two years from the date of their conviction before getting their medals. They were both just able to do this before going on pension. Had the transgressions occurred later in their service, they would probably have reached retirement before achieving the required 22 year threshold and would not have received the medal. So, in the case you mention this was probably the reason why there is no PLS&GC medal for the man you mention. Or, was the medal never mounted with the group and has become separated? That's another possibility.

Dave.