News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DDR METAL RIBBON BARS

Gentlemen,

There are a number of different type of metal ribbon bars that were used in the DDR.  I'm going to start with what a correct senior officer/Generals bar should look like.  This bar would be worn on a tunic.  One of  the signs of a reproduction or fake bar is often how much solder is used on the back of the bar.  This bar shows the minimum use of solder.  Most of the bar does not need to be soldered to hold it together.

Regards,

Gordon

DSC02673.JPG

DSC02675.JPG

• 1 year later...
    On 17/12/2021 at 14:41, Gordon Craig said:

Gentlemen,

There are a number of different type of metal ribbon bars that were used in the DDR.  I'm going to start with what a correct senior officer/Generals bar should look like.  This bar would be worn on a tunic.  One of  the signs of a reproduction or fake bar is often how much solder is used on the back of the bar.  This bar shows the minimum use of solder.  Most of the bar does not need to be soldered to hold it together.

Regards,

Gordon

DSC02673.JPG

DSC02675.JPG

A well made & good looking bar..,

is it common practice to have the single plastic pieces covering each bar or is it just a personal thing?
    Either way it has certainly kept these ribbons in top shape.

tony 🍻

On 18/12/2021 at 01:41, Gordon Craig said:

Gentlemen,

Regards,

Gordon

DSC02673.JPG

DSC02675.JPG

Very nice and interestingly assembled

• 2 months later...

In ribbon bars like this, it probably belonged to a General Officer originally, the individual made their own decision as to what ribbons would be included in the bar.  The General officer involved would have had many other awards, including long service ones, but as I said above, it was his choice as to what he wore.  Rarely were all the persons complete awards displayed.

Regards,

Gordon