News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Delays in the issuing of Police LSGC’s

On 15/01/2024 at 08:39, dutch9705 said:

Not surprisingly, they didn’t! I spoke to my mate just before Christmas and he was told that the medals had still not been received and it was likely they would be sometime in the new year. I’ll try and get an update from him this week.

Keep us posted Dutch 👍👍

Not Police related, but I thought it might be of interest?

The very first Royal Navy C111R LSGC was presented yesterday to a recipient at Navy Command HQ.

So it would appear, that the next generation of LSGC’s are finally starting to be released, into the wild…….😝👍

• 5 weeks later...
    On 20/11/2023 at 16:21, dutch9705 said:

A friend of mine in A&S had his LSGC medal ceremony a couple of months ago. Had his certificate but he qualifies for the kings head version and he’s been told he will receive it next month. 

A thread on social media, states that officers from GMP (Oldham), are scheduled to received their LSGC’s at a ceremony in March. Whether this develops into actual

medals being presented remains to be seen. Also on social media Wilts police held a ceremony for officers who had qualified for their LSGC’s back in June 23, only the other day, however no medals were issued only certificates of service were presented…….

Furthermore there is suggestion, that despite the ridiculously long delay in awarding any LSGC’s. Anyone who qualified before 1st October 2023, will in fact receive a E11R effigy version? Although why the Royal Mint stopped excepting orders for E11R medals for well over a year, only to begin doing so again, is curious and somewhat frustrating no doubt for those effected.
    This will inevitably lead to yet further delays! 

• 4 weeks later...

Sussex Police dated 11th March 2023

Last week, we celebrated colleagues at our Long Service Award Ceremony. 

The evening saw 29 colleagues, surrounded by their friends and family, receive awards for their dedicated service to Surrey Police. 

A number of awards were presented throughout the ceremony, including Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medals for officers as well as Police Staff Long Service awards. This included celebrating two of our colleagues who have reached 30 years of service.

We would like to congratulate everyone who received awards last night and thank you for your service to Surrey! 🎖️ 🌟

IMG_1850.jpeg

On 14/03/2024 at 15:43, bigjarofwasps said:

130 LSGC’s presented to officers from the Metropolitan Police, yesterday. 

(*E11R effigy) 

IMG_1876.jpeg

Update re the Metropolitan Police LSGC presentation, of Wednesday 13th March 2024. 

It has been confirmed, to me by one of the recipients that all these medals were awarded to officers who had qualified in September (posted Queen’s passing) and October 2020. There was no one present who qualified after October 22 and that all the medals did bear the late Queen’s effigy.

The Commissioner did in fact state, that HM The King has authorised the issue of the long service medal with the Queen’s effigy to everyone who qualified for it, during the first year of his reign.

16 hours ago, bigjarofwasps said:

Update re the Metropolitan Police LSGC presentation, of Wednesday 13th March 2024. 

It has been confirmed, to me by one of the recipients that all these medals were awarded to officers who had qualified in September (posted Queen’s passing) and October 2020. There was no one present who qualified after October 22 and that all the medals did bear the late Queen’s effigy.

The Commissioner did in fact state, that HM The King has authorised the issue of the long service medal with the Queen’s effigy to everyone who qualified for it, during the first year of his reign.

IMG_1908.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...