News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German and Italian troops at wreath laying ceremony, location unknown

Hi,

photo was taken after 27. September 1940 as you can see all flags of the Achsenmächte. Location somewhere in Italy, as the abbr. PNF stands for Partito Nazionale Fascista, the Italian Fascist Party. Maybe it is an official building of the party. Occasion seems to be a rememberance of Italian soldiers KIA, as the writing on the wreath indicates in German.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

1 hour ago, v.Perlet said:

Hello norwest78

I regards to what other possible topic - aside from "wreath laying ceremony" did you come across these photos?

Regards

v.Perlet

The photos initially caught my eye because of my interest in tropical/DAK attire.  But there's clearly something of significance going on here.

--Kevin

The only place I found with that distinctive facade cladding - the size of the panels would also match, seems to be the ex Mussolini party building/structure in Turin near the Piazza Vittorio Veneto Torino

I do admit that this 2 story building with the Japanese flag - kind of disturbs the idea with Turin.

However I simply can't find a photo depicting a column or structure still standing in today's Italy that would resemble the one on the photos.

I am just giving it a try?

Regards

v.Perlet

Turin.jpg

Mussolini centre piazza vittorio veneto a torino.jpg

Mussolini centre piazza vittorio veneto a torino.jpg 2.jpg

Statue.jpg

Edited by v.Perlet

• 1 month later...

Brindisi ,Monumento ai Caduti della Prima Guerra Mondiale.  that is the Monument to the fallen in WW1 . Why ? because it looks as it. the Germans are of the Afrika Korps just arrived by the Uniforms . Brindisi was one of the Ports for the shipment of troops to Africa .