News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gentlemen, 

I have seen this bar for some time selling online and would be happy to know your point of view on it as the price seem slightly higher then on average for this type of awards (at least in my view). 

front:

image.thumb.jpeg.52256bad5107f1ba81f5eb290adb1033.jpeg

back:

image.thumb.jpeg.4df7b4cd832797ca58b95c05a739ed25.jpeg

some more photos: 

image.thumb.jpeg.1fa361779555f408f2a11714e9b4615b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4b3f4fb4a45825b70ec78fea7a579ae6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.406a72261d51c5820cb7795ff860d730.jpeg

MVO is a nice one made by GH.

At first glance it seems ok to me. 

The bar is made in classic Bavarian style.

All awards seem to be original and the ribbons too with similar wear.

He had an officer rank in WW1 (was serving already before 1912).

After WW1 he was holding some non military position and this way he got the non-military war merit cross and the Treudienst Ehrenzeichen in Silver (25 years of service). Probably some connection to air force due to Luftschutz medaille. 

Overall the combination seems to make sense. 

However, I will be very grateful if anybody seeing issues could voice them. 

Thank you a lot. 

Kind regards, 

Lucky

Very nice bar the MVO is awarded for officials (Beamtenband). Propably a military official officer.
    Nice Hemmerle MVO with real golden medaillons (awarded till end of 1916).

Thank you both for your comments. 

I just wanted to say that I contacted the seller and asked if they have any details of provenance or where from they have the bar. 

The seller kindly told me that he is selling a lot of medals from different sellers and he can not check with everyone the provenance... 

However on his website he has very few medal bars and mainly simple medals... 

Given that on his website he is also selling all the simple medals separately I am a little bit afraid that this one could be a made up medal bar. 

May be I am too sceptical. 

• 2 months later...
    On 20/05/2022 at 12:59, LuckySlevin said:

Given that on his website he is also selling all the simple medals separately I am a little bit afraid that this one could be a made up medal bar. May be I am too sceptical.

I think you are! The awards are fine, the combination is possible and makes sense, and there's no "red flags" from the group's general appearance or craftsmanship.

If I were looking for a bar like this for my collection, I wouldn't hesitate too much, due to the special ribbon on this Bavarian MVO: While there was a total of more than 26,000 MVO 4th class crosses with swords awarded for WW1, only 623 were awarded on the specific "Beamten" ribbon!

Honestly, I can hardly remember the last one I saw for sale in an authentic group... a no-brainer, actually! Please feel free to send me a private message, if it's still available.

:whistle:

Edited by saschaw