News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Mike, welcome aboard! Good to have you with us!!

Hey Stogie, it's nice to be here and thanks for your welcome. To those that do not know, most of these fantastic bars originally came from Rick. When I get the space to post more I will.

Until then please ask any questions you have about the bars I have in my collection.

Regards,

Mike

Guest Rick Research

Top center came from me, the other (Good Twin) Rick. Everybody sing the "It's a Small World After All" song!!!

We few, we proud, we ribbon bar fanatics! :food-smiley-004: wub.gif

Thanks for the welcome guys. Rick L .... well now I know where that strange plastic backed bar came from biggrin.gif

Like you Stogie .... my favorite is that double St Henry bar .... one hell of brave guy who earnt those.

If I remember correctly, there's less than 250 Double medal winners. Makes for a narrow pool of recipients and hikes the rarity scale through the roof. I've only ever found one double ribbon bar, one double medal bar. I've only seen fotos of one more in a collection in Germany. (The owner likes to tease me and every month or so eMails me photos of some of his stuff..... how mean can a guy get?)

Stogie, I believe that the number of Double St Henry medal winners was even lower than that ..... In fact there was only 150 awards between 1914-18 of the Gold award and all but 7 of those received the Silver medal as well .... Now that does make them rare ohmy.gif

Here's that double bar along with a couple of others.

Yep .. that's right David .... Another Saxon Fanatic .... joins the club rolleyes.gif

No problem Christophe here's a shot of the back ... the awards are Bavarian Military Merit Cross, Second Class with Swords, Prussian 1914 Iron Cross, Second Class, Bavarian Jubilee Medal of 1905, and kyffhauserbund Veteran's Medals with Swords and Bavarian Long Service Medal