News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Which Iron Cross and Uniform?

1 hour ago, dedehansen said:

Hi,

EK 2 1914

Regards

Andreas

you made my day Andreas, I think that FalvonKyffhausen might wanted to know the maker of that IC2, but from a photo like this it is impossible to say, well at least for me! Or I understood him wrong, could also be! So FalvonKyffhausen what was your intention? Knowing the medal or the maker? 

Thank you very much Andreas! 

And for BlackcowboyBS, I just wanted to know what type and level the EK is. And what uniform my ancestor wears and, if applicable, something related to his service, like his rank or the Verband/Artillerie etc... . 

Kind Regards 

FAL v. K

I was not sure which variant it was ( class 1 or 2 and if it was for 1870 or 1914 ), ofc I knew that it is an Iron Cross. Thank you for the welcoming! 

Kind Regards!

FAL v. K

Do you know something about the Uniform? Einheit or Dienstrang.

Kind Regards 

FAL v. K

On 20/07/2022 at 19:59, FALvonKyffhausen said:

I was not sure which variant it was ( class 1 or 2 and if it was for 1870 or 1914 ), ofc I knew that it is an Iron Cross. Thank you for the welcoming!

The Iron Cross 2nd class is worn on a black and white or white and black ribbon on the left chest or in the uniform's buttonhole, while the 1st class is a pinback award, worn on the lower part of the same chest.

From the general appearance, and also from the uniform, the picture clearly dates to the WW1 era (or closely after), which excludes an 1870 issue. He's simply too young for that, and also, would probably wear some additional awards he received in the decades between. It's all very easy, once you know...

;)

As a medals guy, I cannot tell you much about the uniform, but there are other GMIC subforums that might suit that part of your question better. Maybe you'd want to try there, if you didn't already!