News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Platinum Jubilee Medal - Can you own one?

Of course, you can own one if you've not been awarded it.

Thousands of individuals who have officially been awarded the medal have sold their entitlement via numerous websites. If you buy such a medal, it's yours to do with it what you wish. Look on eBay UK and similar auction sites. If you can afford to buy a genuine example do so. Stay away from the copies, unless you actually want a copy!

Dave.

Edited by Dave Wilkinson

On 18/09/2022 at 17:14, Dave Wilkinson said:

Of course, you can own one if you've not been awarded it.

Thousands of individuals who have officially been awarded the medal have sold their entitlement via numerous websites. If you buy such a medal, it's yours to do with it what you wish. Look on eBay UK and similar auction sites. If you can afford to buy a genuine example do so. Stay away from the copies, unless you actually want a copy!

Dave.

Thanks for the information! I wasn't sure, as I don't really know a lot about British medals. I only have one WWII one, and did get a copy of an MC (not an original). I'll do some looking for the Platinum Jubilee medal! I have something different from her Coronation, Silver, Golden, Diamond . . . thought it might be fun to try for a medal for the Platinum.

• 2 months later...

I see there are still some chancers, listing these and other recent jubilee medals on a popular online auction site, for exuberant amounts of money. Whether there still however commanding these premium now, however, remains to be seen. Come May I fear they’ll be another frenzy and prices for these and the Coronation medal (should one be awarded), will sky rocket again??