News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

King Charles LSGC’s….

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it might be of interest?

The very first Royal Navy C111R LSGC was presented yesterday to a recipient at Navy Command HQ.

So it would appear, that the next generation of LSGC’s are finally starting to be released, into the wild…….😝👍

Miniatures are privately made... as usual free enterprise proves more efficient than state-administered giants.

Not very new (3 October 2023), but as I could not see it pasted anywhere above, I think it can be of some interest: 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/six-new-award-designs-featuring-the-kings-image-are-revealed

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this on social media. I strongly suspect that this isn’t a King’s LSGC given he’s also been awarded a bar to it as well. 

But am curious to learn, how someone can be awarded their LSGC and bar at the same time? Can anyone shine any light on this for me? 

IMG_1691.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

The Border Force and Immigration Enforcement Long Service and Good Conduct Medal is awarded under strict eligibility criteria. Staff who retired before the 1st January 2022 are unfortunately not eligible. The 1st January 2022 date was chosen to coincide with the receipt of the Royal Warrant of Appointment in June 2021.

IMG_1961.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
    On 08/02/2024 at 22:26, bigjarofwasps said:

But am curious to learn, how someone can be awarded their LSGC and bar at the same time? Can anyone shine any light on this for me? 

Perhaps he got lost in the system and never got round to chasing it up until he was due a bar, as well? Note that he is an officer - only eligible since 2016, it would appear - and RNR so the potential for being 'mislaid' is increased over a more usual recipient.

Thanks.... bit hard to see at a distance especially as Charlie flew in the face of tradition and is looking the 'wrong' way.

More medals to hunt down a Charles III version of....