News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

King Charles LSGC’s….

Will be interesting to see if all new LSGC’s will now look the same?

I assume that they will all have the  same uncrowned effigy now? 

I would be interested to hear other peoples opinions! 

Has anyone got any “pukka gen” information? 

Edited by bigjarofwasps

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

I am aware from another platform, that a chap who qualified for his cadet forces LSGC on the 22nd of September 2022 has been informed that his medal is currently at his HQ. It has been confirmed as bearing the E11R effigy. Another chap qualified for his in December, but is still awaiting his. Will be interesting to see which effigy his bears? 

• 4 weeks later...

The King appears to be going for simplicity in his official iconography. The new stamps have just been released:

_128549347_charlesstamp.jpg.webp

No crown, not on his head or even anywhere on the stamp. It's the same portrait as on what coinage has so far been seem... so it seems likely that it will also be used for medals.

19 hours ago, Megan said:

The King appears to be going for simplicity in his official iconography. The new stamps have just been released:

_128549347_charlesstamp.jpg.webp

No crown, not on his head or even anywhere on the stamp. It's the same portrait as on what coinage has so far been seem... so it seems likely that it will also be used for medals.

Interesting, thanks Megan. 

Surely medals can’t be much longer now, can they?? 

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    On 09/12/2022 at 13:46, Cerrig-Man said:

There is a thread about this on ARRSE about this, but it does not appear that anyone has been issued any yet? 

#post-11936731

Another post seen on ARRSE...

MOD Medal Office stocks of RN/British Army/RAF Long Service Good Conduct Medal bearing the effigy of the late Queen Elizabeth II - a Freedom of Information request to Ministry of Defence - WhatDoTheyKnow

• 3 weeks later...
    On 08/04/2023 at 12:24, Cerrig-Man said:

News just in…

Doesn’t appear that there are substantial “stocks” of military LSGC’s. Can only assume that the same is true for the emergency services. 

However, the following might be of further interest?

To answer your third question, I can confirm that no information is held determining a policy for 
    when those qualifying personnel will attract award of the 'old' or 'new' style of medal. 

To answer your fourth question, I can confirm that no information is held on the timeline for 
    procurement or issue of new LSGC medals at present. 

To answer your fifth question, I can confirm that no Information is held as no designs have been 
    approved by His Majesty as yet.

Thought this might be of interest…

https://news.oxfordshire.gov.uk/heroic- ... -honoured/

Oxfordshire’s Lord Lieutenant, Mrs Marjorie Glasgow BEM, attended the prestigious event to present ‘Her Majesty, The Queen’s Long Service and Good Conduct’ medals to eleven firefighters, each for 20 years’ service.

The Queen’s medal title has been retained this year, even though King Charles III is the new monarch – this is due to the individuals achieving their 20 years’ service in the reign of Queen Elizabeth II and in line with the royal warrant.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this on social media, thought it might be of interest?

Some bods from the RMP were presented with their LSGC’s the other day.

Unfortunately not possible to ascertain from the photos whether there Charles or Elizabeth medals. 

59CEF90E-66DC-40AB-969F-D35B4BC16E4E.jpeg

8B13E964-3A19-45F4-B749-A778BF784E3C.jpeg

5F98EFE8-B462-4E1E-A25C-5D6B1BD77300.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Confirmation received that the, MOD are still yet to begin producing any King’s effigy medals.

Apparently there is already a backlog of 1500 VRSM’s. I would suspect that the regular services, must be in a similar situation by now, if not worse? 

• 2 months later...
    On 16/09/2023 at 12:53, bigjarofwasps said:

London Gazette for the Cadet Forces LSGC - 12th September 2023

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/64168/supplement/18194

Additional information has come to light re the recent awards (none bars), that these medals still bear the E11R effigy, despite be qualified for 12 months into C111R’s reign.

Edited by bigjarofwasps

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...