News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear forumites,

It has been a while I didn’t post, sorry for that. The reason is that on the current market seems that interesting bars coming for sale are becoming increasingly rare to be found. However I managed to get this one:

Große Ordenschnalle eines tapferen Frontoffiziers mit 7 Auszeichnungen.

1.) Eisernes Kreuz, 1914, 2. Klasse,

2.) Offiziers Dienstauszeichnung, für 25 Jahre,

3.) Zentenarmedaille (1897),

4.) Sachsen: Albrechtsorden, 2. Modell (1876-1918), Ritterkreuz 1. Klasse, mit Schwertern,

5.) Baden: Großherzoglicher Orden vom Zähringer Löwen, Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern und Eichenlaub,

6.) Anhalt: Hausorden Albrecht des Bären, Ritterzeichen 2. Klasse, Schwerter auf dem Bande aufgelegt,

7.) Hamburg: Hanseatenkreuz,

The bar is neatly assembled and the ribbons are perfectly folded. Even if there are no tags on the bar’s reverse is definitely a Godet piece. The Hansa Hamburg cross looks like a Godet made piece as well.

Many thanks in advance for your most welcomed and appreciated inputs and comments.

cordially,

Claudio

4536764D-E981-495F-9095-5F820547BE9E.thumb.jpeg.e9abfb0c71a7bd87e299a291d3f7fab3.jpeg

AAE362CC-EDBD-4E1C-957E-8F1F26B83CD3.jpeg

Very likely this officer served in unit in connection with the IR93 or the 8th ID during WWI (Sachsen Anhalt) because of that Albrecht der Bär Orden (aka Eisbär, RK2 1'500 awards or only 90 with Swords) and the Saxon AO RK1X. I don't think that this officer reached high ranks, because after 25 years of service beginning at least from 1897 (see Centenar-Medaille Wilhelm I), he got orders of lower classes (RK2), maybe he was a Hptm possibly max a Maj in the end of WWI. For sure he was Prussian, see the 3 medals on the bar. Even if the original owner of this bar wasn't a high officer or an important personality to me the combination is quite beautiful and maybe, who knows, quite unique. 

C