News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 EK2 on a 'Ladies Bow'

Hello

I've just received this WW1 EK2. Standard three piece construction, magnetic core and the core 'rattles' as it is slightly loose in the frames. The ribbon done as a bow is, or so I'm informed, known as a 'ladies bow', presumably to allow a wife, sweethart or possibly even a widow to wear their partners EK. Either way I like it and I think the EK itself is in excellent condition.

I hope you like it as well. As always, any comments or observations warmly welcomed.

Never seen a bow exactly like that, but I'd say it's more likely a wedding bow, worn by the groom on his uniform.

My photos are in complete chaos now, so could someone else post a wedding pic with bow?

Nice ribbon bow crosses :beer:

Here is my example. I was told when I bought it that this was a "Wedding bow".

for were on a tux at a wedding or some other formal occassion. The Ladies bow would

have swallow tail cut ends of the ribbon.

[attachmentid=37728]

Edited by gregM

Hello

Thanks to all for their replies and the pictures of some splendid EK2s - and bows ! Whether a ladies bow or wedding bow who really knows. Mine was described as a ladies bow, but equally it could have been a wedding bow or possibly even for some other occasion. Either way mine, and the others shown here, look really nice.

Thanks for sharing yours as well.

Edited by DavidM