News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Synthetic ribbons: information wanted

Carlo

Hello everyone, today I want to show you my small collection of ribbons made of synthetic material, both in full size (trifold) and in reduced form for the field uniform.

I've been looking for information on these pieces for a while, and for now I only know that they were produced by a small company at the beginning of the 1900s and that they were purchased privately as an alternative to the classic silk ribbons.

I was wondering if any of you have any in your collection or have any info to give me about this type of ribbon, any help is greatly appreciated!

Carlo

Screenshot_2023-01-08-09-53-31-164_com.instagram.android.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-08-09-53-49-786_com.instagram.android.jpg

IMG_20230108_094953.jpg

IMG_20230108_095014.jpg

Hi. As far as I know it's not synthetic, it's cellulose. The most common were three types of ribbon, like in your collection, other I never saw. I would say it made in the middle of 1900th, this is indicated by the red and white ribbon to the Jubilee Cross 1908, and until WWI because reduced ribbon began to be used during this period.

On 09/01/2023 at 16:42, Christian1962 said:

I would think that this kind of ribbon is quite rare. I have not seen any for years "live" or in an auction.

Congratulations for owning it.

Regards

Christian

I agree I have not seen such ribbons