News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Stogie

since the covid, there has been frustration among collectors. They could not meet, trade and buy. As soon as an auction appeared, there was a buying frenzy. This was confirmed in the sales at Küncker and Thies in 2020-2021. Some pieces that could be bought for 600 euros, went for 1500 euros plus expenses!
    Some collectors accumulate. I have already explained this example. A collector accumulated Feldbinde by having 3, 4 or even 5 identical belts. Just in case? He bought at crazy prices and broke the market. Today, the smallest officer's belt in France sells for no less than 400 euros. Where I bought mine for 150 euros.
    What can I say about this frenzy. Will it go down? I don't think so. It is necessary to hunt and to be patient and also to have a good reserve of money.

Christophe

I fear I may be priced out of the market, the prices I see are unbelievable or maybe I’m just spoiled by the way it used to be. I feel very fortunate to have had a wonderful collection when prices were reasonable. I fear those days are over. I’ll keep searching but doubt I can collect in the current market.

To make things worse it seems I’ve lost all my archives! I think all of my images are on a compromised computer that I can’t safely access anymore. (Heaves a heavy sigh)