News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian Naval History? Badges

Hi again,

Here are some unique pins I acquired a while back. I assume they are Russian Naval History Pins, but where and who would get awarded these? Or are they for purchase? I haven't seen these online yet, so any advice is helpful on IDing these badges/pins.

Thanks,

Pat

I would suspect from the responses on a couple other posts of mine, that these are tinnies meant for tourists as well. I like the viking ship one, a nice little pin in any regards.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

I would suspect from the responses on a couple other posts of mine, that these are tinnies meant for tourists as well. I like the viking ship one, a nice little pin in any regards.

Pat

Hi Pat,

From what I understand Russians were "mad" about collecting all these sorts of little pins. There seems to be a gazillion tons of them! :P And they're definitely fun to collect. Generally you can find "big" batchs of them on Ebay for not too much money. Good way to get a ton of them, sort through, pick the ones you like and then use the rest for resale or trading stock. Or just have a huge collection, which is not bad either. :P

Some of my very first Soviet pieces were some similar type pins but with military subjects, etc. I've added more over time, mostly as "extras" folks have sent along with stuff I ordered or bought over the years, or brought back as gifts from trips. I'll have to do up some pics at some point but may wait till I get my "Epson" scanner (See Rick... I'm listening! :P ) so I can do them justice.

Dan :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few more various Soviet pins and badges, I think most aren't very valuable, but the paratrooper badge with the "10" clasp on one side and "25" on the other may be of some interest. Any help on these items is very welcome.

Thanks,

Pat