News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Publication about the Iron Cross 1st Class 1914 by Frank Thater

The three-volume reference book is available in German and English.

It is available with either a high-quality printed cardboard cover, or with an embossed black imitation leather cover with book jacket.

The complete work contains more than 1.500 pages of previously unknown facts about the EK 1st Class of 1914.

It is currently the only book which deals in detail with the production of the Iron Crosses in World War I. It also provides scientific evidence of how the Iron Crosses were produced industrially.

It scientifically proves how industrial the production was at that time already, and illustrates an up to now unknown multitude of production variants.

The history of all the suppliers known to the author are treated briefly with a detailed study of their variant frames, core types and attachment systems.

The numerous high quality photographs as well as a quick identification board will help collectors to quickly and reliably identify the different pieces.

Volume I contains important information about the Iron Cross, e.g. history and regulations, award procedures, technical aspects of production, state procurement agencies, costs of procurement and much more.

Volumes II and III deal exclusively with the various designs of the Iron Cross and its packaging.

The book is available only as a set.

For the edition with high quality printed cardboard cover, the price, including shipping within Germany is 270.- €

For the edition with book jacket and finely embossed imitation leather cover the price is 290.- €.

For order please contact: fthater@t-online.de

An absolute must have for all collectors interested in the German Empire.

Cover_1914_roh.jpg

Buch.jpg

Band_1_1_1914_27.jpg

Band_1_1_1914_Seite_1.jpg

Band_1_1_1914_Seite_2.jpg

Band_2_1_1914_227.jpg

Band_2_1_1914_290_Seite_1.jpg

Band_2_1_1914_290_Seite_2.jpg

Band_3_2_1914_1525.jpg

Cover_1914_eng.jpg

Band_1_1_1914_eng_6_7_Seite_1.jpg

Band_1_1_1914_eng_6_7_Seite_2.jpg

Band_2_1_1914_eng_227.jpg

I was asc by the author Frank Thater to announce his new book with his description seen in #1 here in GMIC.

If this is a wrong place for this kind of advertisement I ask kindly one of the hosts to transfer the thread to its favoured position.

If this place is convenient, it would be pleasent to be "pinned" here.

Thanks in advance, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur