News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identified miniature-group, does it correspond? Oberstaatsanwalt Zitzlaff

Good day, this is a really interesting group I have, and I just noticed after some time that the presentation box has the ID (?) stamped on the back! With the help of Kujawsko-Pomorska Biblioteka Cyfrowa, I have found what I think is Oberstaatsanwalt Zitzlaff being promoted in 1910 and then serving as Oberstaatsanwalt in Posen, originally working in Thorn before promotion. Last mentioned in local newspapers as Oberstaatsanwalt (Chief Prosecutor) in April or November 1915. He reappears in 1926.

Now to the most interesting part, – the Frackkette that came with the box. Does it belong to this man, was he awarded these awards? Or are they simply separate?

- EK1/2 1914

- Verdienstkreuz Kriegshilfsdienst (Prussia)

- Roter Adler Orden 4.Klasse (Prussia)

- Königlicher Kronen-Orden 3.Klasse (Prussia)

- Landwehr Dienstauszeichnung 2.Klasse (Prussia)

- Order of St. Stanislaus (Imperial Russia)

All the best, j

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

image.png.cf23fd9914b62716bf59898bddcd3a39.png

image.png.abf4a9e3911c3648c06671f5663c0870.png

image.thumb.png.7cb73cbabcc22971d74ab649e8a9ff8c.png

image.png.ae3c6ae90ab2a011df1c3d906eb642d7.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

His peacetime awards certainly correspond to his entry in the 1914 Prussian Court and State Handbook.

Zitzlaff.thumb.JPG.93b1f2daec2b5d807d0244c50a478552.JPG

His Verdienstkreuz für Kriegshilfe is confirmed in the 1918 edition of the same publication although the Iron cross must have been awarded somewhat later than the publication date (31 March 1918).

Regards

Glenn

Edited by Glenn J

3 hours ago, Stogieman said:

Now that’s a beautiful little set, thanks for sharing!

— Indeed, my pleasure to. I can't believe I didn't see the stamp, or perhaps I overlooked it (?)

2 hours ago, Glenn J said:

His peacetime awards certainly correspond to his entry in the 1914 Prussian Court and State Handbook.

Zitzlaff.thumb.JPG.93b1f2daec2b5d807d0244c50a478552.JPG

His Verdienstkreuz für Kriegshilfe is confirmed in the 1918 edition of the same publication although the Iron cross must have been awarded somewhat later than the publication date (31 March 1918).

Regards

Glenn

— Amazing, Glenn. Now I know that he was indeed awarded these, and I can organise a more proper display for the set :) 

My greatest thanks, j

• 4 months later...
    On 15/03/2023 at 17:44, Glenn J said:

Which makes sense, given the larger portion of white ribboned(!) EKs were awarded after the war, and this would probably be one of them...