News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two larger ribbon Bars - can you Help me?

Hello all, got those two ribbon Bars from my Uncle as Birthday present. Can you Help me to identify the Awards?

One hast two Iron Cross ribbons (?) And the other has some Strange ribbon with green Stripes (?)

Thank you so much 🤗

IMG20230428120509.jpg

IMG20230428120529.jpg

Hello,

What a great gift!

The second ribbon on the first ribbon bar is the Herzogtum Sachsen-Meiningen Medaille fur verdienst im krieg 1915

The second “iron cross” ribbon on the second bar is the Preussen Militar-Ehrenzeichen 2. Klasse\

I hope this was helpful

Edited by 91-old-inf-reg

91-old-inf-reg is right, that's the most likely scenario. However, there are other possibilities, and I want to add what's second most likely, besides the already mentioned ones:

1) Depending on the recipient's rank, the second ribbon on the upper bar could be either the medal or the cross of Saxe-Meiningen's Ehrenzeichen für Verdienst im Kriege 1914/15. An EM or NCO is generally more likely, of course, but I don't see anything to exclude an officer rank.

2) While the second black and white ribbon on the lower bar is probably a Militär-Ehrenzeichen II. Klasse awarded for the suppression of the native's revolt in Southwest Africa, it could as well be a Militär-Ehrenzeichen I. Klasse from the same conflict, or a (so-called "Goldenes") Militärverdienstkreuz as highest Great War award.

Simply impossible to know from a ribbon bar, but we tend to go with the most likely interpretation - and those are, as said, 91-old-inf-reg's.