News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Humanitarian Medal

I thought you'd get there first :)

No indication of the obverse apart from "Will bear the King's effigy", though. What is taking so long to create a medal obverse? Is His Majesty so vain that he keeps rejecting designs or something?

22 minutes ago, Megan said:

I thought you'd get there first :)

No indication of the obverse apart from "Will bear the King's effigy", though. What is taking so long to create a medal obverse? Is His Majesty so vain that he keeps rejecting designs or something?

😂😂👍👍👍

No one seems to be able to account, for why it is taking so long or indeed when it will be confirmed!

All I can say, is the backlog must now be considerable and growing bigger by the day!! 

12 hours ago, bigjarofwasps said:

Assume this will be the first medal, to solely bear the King’s effigy?

Interesting that it doesn’t include Covid?

01003E43-32DA-47BB-B959-59AFA0ED654E.jpeg

Interesting medal

18 hours ago, Graf said:

Interesting medal

Yes indeed, but what I think is particularly curious. Is the fact that it doesn’t appear that it is intended to be back dated for anything specific. Like Covid, Grenfell or the recent earthquakes in Turkey for example.

So does this make it the first British medal to be created for an event that hasn’t yet come to pass? 

5 hours ago, bigjarofwasps said:

Yes indeed, but what I think is particularly curious. Is the fact that it doesn’t appear that it is intended to be back dated for anything specific. Like Covid, Grenfell or the recent earthquakes in Turkey for example.

So does this make it the first British medal to be created for an event that hasn’t yet come to pass? 

Yes, it is a mystery and scary at the same time what will be next in the future God knows. Does He?

• 1 month later...
    3 hours ago, Megan said:

Sadly, as UK firefighters have been sent to help with search & rescue in Morocco in respect of their recent earthquake, will we soon be seeing the first awards of this medal?

This tragic set of circumstances, would certainly appear to fit the criteria, wouldn’t it. 

I was thinking that watching the news this morning.

This is one medal I don't want to see awarded, because of the tragedies that the service for which it is to be awarded deal with.... yet these disasters will occur, and we will rally around to support those in need.

• 3 weeks later...

The more I learn about this medal, the less I understand…

When first announced it was for a situation that hadn’t yet happened (not sure if this still is the case), and it wasn’t going to be back dated (so Covid for example was out). 

Now the ribbon has been explained how do they know for instance that the NHS and or blue light services are going to be involved in this incident that hasn’t happened yet? Even the military involvement is potentially questionable?

If for example it’s awarded for the recent fires in Greece, that only a handful of fire fighters deployed to…..

B342DD5A-D834-4E2C-9B1A-6FC770EA8039.jpeg

More likely to make the beast applicable to general population, Red Cross, emergency services, NHS, and military... so whoever gets involved in a given situation, they are represented on the ribbon.

• 1 month later...

The Medals Office finally responded to my enquiry about where this should sit. They said “The Central Chancery will confirm the order in which the Humanitarian Medal will be worn but it will not be placed before any Campaign, Operational or General Service Medals which require the recipient to be at risk from physical action from an enemy within an operational area”.

That was from the Royal Warrant, but my correspondent added "So, no direction has yet been given on the order of wear for the Humanitarian Medal.  No Humanitarian Medals have been awarded as yet and, following the first announcement of an award, a decision will have to be made on where it sits in the order of wear.  As it is similar in nature to the Ebola Medal, it may be that it sits after that in chronological order but that will have to be confirmed."