News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown 'VR' badge- possible Liverpool connection

Have seen these two badges recently, trying to identify what they are for. They may have (but not confirmed) a link to Liverpool Police. Crown shown may be EVII or GV. Any information most welcome!!

David- dpk@iinet.net.au

Liverpool possible crop.jpg

Edited by dpk

16 hours ago, dpk said:

Have seen these two badges recently, trying to identify what they are for. They may have (but not confirmed) a link to Liverpool Police. Crown shown may be EVII or GV. Any information most welcome!!

David- dpk@iinet.net.au

The Queen's Institute of District Nursing.         Pete.

On 13/12/2023 at 04:15, dpk said:

David- dpk@iinet.net.au

I can confirm that these items have no connection whatsoever to Liverpool City Police.

Dave.

On 13/12/2023 at 22:45, SillyOldGrandad said:

Because I used to have a thing about Nurse Gladys Emmanuel.        Pete.

Can’t argue with you there Pete…

730FBE82-2815-4240-B5BF-069EA8269587.jpeg.e71ffa3e4bac79cc67468adc349f3f34.jpeg

—-/://—-

On 13/12/2023 at 04:15, dpk said:

They may have (but not confirmed) a link to Liverpool Police.

DPK, I don’t know your reason for a possible Liverpool connection so it may be coincidence but in it’s earliest days there was a strong Liverpool connection with the QNI.

DBE541CA-C0DE-4C68-A98B-667EFF5EEEE0.thumb.jpeg.8e3f6dbeef05c8398a189c4ab2d0cd77.jpeg

3A91484C-DF9E-485C-99CB-5738F23945CA.thumb.jpeg.f0d0bf0a1089d86383f3ca8dea04c4a9.jpeg

1ECBA2B9-BC70-48C8-9B5E-4BB0E59DE972.thumb.jpeg.e39649d362e195396f52470c0bdab69f.jpeg

tony 🍻

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for the very interesting information. The badges were part of an odd group of objects listed together for sale recently which included a Liverpool police medal, plus a much later QEII Jubilee medal, and what seems to be an old shooting medal. I wondered if the badges were related to the Liverpool Police medal as they were roughly the same era. Clearly not, but interesting.

Regards

Dave