News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen, this is what I have on Otto Stephan Hermann von Lossow, any additions or corrections would be great:

Royal Order of Francis I (Kingdom of the Two Sicilies), Knight's Cross 2nd Class (Sic.Fr.3b/ScF3b) on 18 August 1891

Military Merit Order (Bavaria), Knight's Cross 2nd Class with Swords (BMV4⚔)

China Commemorative Medal (China-Denkmünze) for combatants with two battle clasps "Fouphing" und "Huolu"

Order of the Rising Sun (Japan), Knight's Cross 2nd Class (JpS5b/JV6), permission to accept and wear on 14 July 1904

Prussian Order of the Crown (Preußischer Kronenorden), 4th Class (PKO4)

Saxon Albrechts-Orden, Knight 1st Class (SA4a)

Prinz-Regent-Luitpold Jubiläums-Medaille

Cross of Military Merit (Spain), White Decoration, 1st Class (SpMV1/SMV1), permission to accept and wear on 10 March 1906

Red Eagle Order (Roter Adlerorden), 4th Class (PrA4/RAO4), permission to accept and wear on 16 September 1908

Leopold II Regency Medal, 1909

Bavarian Long Service Cross (Königlich Bayerisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz), II. Class for 24 years (BDK2/BD2)

Baden Order of the Zähringer Lion (Orden vom Zähringer Löwen), Knight's Cross I. Class (BdZL4/BZ3a)

Military Merit Order (Bavaria), 3rd Class with the Crown on 26 January 1914

Ottoman Osmanie-Orden (Osmanije), 2nd Class (TürkO2/TO2), permission to accept and wear on 6 July 1914

Military Merit Order (Bavaria), Officer's Cross with Swords on 11 October 1914

Ottoman honor dagger for officers (Enveriye-Dolch)

Iron Cross (1914), 2nd and 1st Class

... 2nd Class on 16 October 1914

... 1st Class on 14 November 1914

Prussian Red Eagle Order, 2nd Class with Swords

Bulgarian Order of Saint Alexander, Grand Officer Cross with Swords

Ottoman Liakat Medal in Gold with Swords/Sabers (TürkL2⚔/TL2⚔)

Gallipoli Star (Eiserner Halbmond; TürkH/TH)

Ottoman Medschidie-Orden, 1st Class in March 1917

Military Merit Cross (Austria-Hungary), 2nd Class with the War Decoration in April 1917

Golden Wedding Anniversary Medal 1918 (Goldene Hochzeits-Jubiläumsmedaille 1918)

Military Merit Order (Bavaria), 2nd Class with Swords

Crown Prince Rupprecht Medal in Silver on 18 May 1925

Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918 with Swords

Honours

Portrait bust of the Major General by Georg Kolbe (1917)

Portrait bust of the Generalleutnant a. D. by Arno Breker (1935)

Otto von Lossow II.jpg

Edited by Deutschritter

8 hours ago, Deutschritter said:

Royal Order of Francis I (Kingdom of the Two Sicilies), Knight's Cross 2nd Class (Sic.Fr.3b/ScF3b)

Just as a reminder, this award to v Lossow was briefly discussed by Dave Danner in this post,

with the award date, 18 August 1891, given two posts earlier.

Edited by Trooper_D

3 hours ago, ccj said:

Wasn’t he awarded Prussian Red Eagle Order, 2nd Class with Swords and crown? I’m not sure if the star was also awarded 

That is a good queston, but the Verordnungs-Blatt des Königlich Bayerischen Kriegsministeriums 1916, suppl. Jul-Dec, p. 3844 only states RAO2 with swords. 1917 and 1918 do not state crown or star.