News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Admiral Wilhelm Canaris - Two Bulgarian Award Documents - Help read

Hello,

Here are two Bulgarian award documents of Admiral Wilhelm Canaris from the Bundesarchiv.

Can anyone who reads Bulgarian help me?

What are the awards in question? Also, the award date of the second decoration?

Many thanks

N_812_29_0007.jpg

N_812_30_0007.jpg

Edited by Kriegsmarine Admiral

Second document is for the Order for military merit, it does not state the class, as far as I can see.

The award date is 26.June 1938.

First document is for some memorial medal, I can not decipher which one.

3 hours ago, El Ninja said:

Second document is for the Order for military merit, it does not state the class, as far as I can see.

The award date is 26.June 1938.

First document is for some memorial medal, I can not decipher which one.

Thank you.

The first document is for medal For participation in the European war 1915-1918 (Медал за участие в Европейската война 1915-1918).

The second document is for "Голям офицерски кръст", i.e. "Grand Officer Cross" of the Order "For Military Merit". So, it is 2nd class then. Date was mentioned before: 26 June 1938.

On 07/03/2024 at 07:20, Egorka said:

The first document is for medal For participation in the European war 1915-1918 (Медал за участие в Европейската война 1915-1918).

The second document is for "Голям офицерски кръст", i.e. "Grand Officer Cross" of the Order "For Military Merit". So, it is 2nd class then. Date was mentioned before: 26 June 1938.

Hi Egorka

Correct translation Well Done

That is the Grand Officer or Second Class of the Bulgarian Order for Military Merit

In the Document it was not mentioned whether the Order was with War decoration, therefore it can be assumed that it was without it

01.12.jpg

and that is the 1915-1918 Commemorative Medal

war.jpg

war1.jpg