News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

3 Belgian medals; un-official remembrance medal, work merit medal, EU Peace mission?

Dear all,

3 new Belgian medals arrived in my collection, which I am not familiar with.

Maybe someone can assist.

1st Medal:

Patriae Salvatores

Honneur et Devoir

A.N.R.C.

1940-1944

-          Likely an un-official remembrance medal, but I cannot find the abbreviation A.N.R.C. online.

Which organization is this?

2nd Medal:

Travail Belgique – Merite

Arbeid Belgie – Verdienste

-          I am aware of the Laureaten van de arbeid, the Eredekens and the Eretekens van de arbeid, but I have not seen this “Verdienste” medal before. Is it an official medal?

3rd Medal:

My guess is a Belgian medal for veterans of an EU Peace mission?

Thank you for your time.

Christiaan

Belgian Medals_Klein 1.jpg

Belgian Medals_Klein.jpg

I have no idea what they stand for but none are official medals. That is for sure.

First two have ribbon for the 1870-1871 medal which is an official medal.

Werner

Info I found on the 3rd medal.

FRME / KFMB (French: Fédération Royale des Militaires à l’Étranger / Dutch: Koninklijke Verbroedering der Militairen in het Buitenland).

Link: https://frme-namur.be/devenir-membre/#1587883755884-31dbfd48-31c8

Awarded to members who served in the Belgian Army stationed in Germany (FBA / BSD) for a minimum of one year between 1995 and 2005.

Posted (edited)

@Werner; yes agree, non governmental issued medals. But medals issued by organizations can be interesting as well. At least to me.

@VC89; thank you for identifying this piece. Nice item! Although issued by an organization, the medal is acknowledged by the Ministry of Defense. 

Greetings,

Christiaan 

Edited by Veltro

The first one I believe is Association nationale des Resistants combattants and is one of 3 versions of medals/crosses. Below are the other 2 versions I am aware of. These are the ribbons I have attached but I do not know they are all correct.

Belgium-National Association of Resistance Fighters(3)-O-E80.jpg

Belgium-National Association of Resistance Fighters(3)-R.jpg

Belgium-National Association of Resistance Fighters(1)-O-E32.JPG

Belgium-National Association of Resistance Fighters(1)-R.JPG

@Shots Dave; thank you for the input. Association Nationale des Résistants-Combattants makes sense for the abbreviation A.N.R.C.. Info on the internet is however limited on a Belgian organization with this name.

National colors as a ribbon for a Veteran organization is not un-common, so I believe correct. And both yours as mine have them.

Greetings,