News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Albanian Medal need to be identified

I find a Albanian medal from internet ,but find no more about information of it.

Can everybody give some information about it?

Very thankful :)

c18-040903.jpg.b888ffb4ce16dcc2185ca20205f22dd2.jpgc18-040905.jpg.ba94b3499eb74874df82de38ba86b02a.jpg

I have the same one in my collection and coincidentally had it in my hands this week.

i believe i posted about it in a different thread several years ago to which somebody replied clarifying the backgrouns of the award. You’ll have to do a search (i was not able to find it).

16 hours ago, Bob said:

I have the same one in my collection and coincidentally had it in my hands this week.

i believe i posted about it in a different thread several years ago to which somebody replied clarifying the backgrouns of the award. You’ll have to do a search (i was not able to find it).

Yes, I had found your post about it, but after I read your post , I found nothing valuable information about it.

These are my question:

1、In your post , you said that “Albania, Kingdom. An Albanian Association Badge, Unofficial”, you only referred it is an Association Badge, so what is this Association accurate name ? 

2、What inscription on the front of the medal is ? I think interpret the inscription on the front of the medal, the possible of this medal can be solved :)

For me, it is not an Albanian medal because Albanian eagle is with 2 heads.

I read in the center AJSM 

The American Journal of Sports Medicine is a peer-reviewed scientific journal, first published in 1972.

Posted (edited)

Opportunities for speculation rife but no facts.  Possibly society insignia...

Appears badge to have some quality and constructed from modified Skanderbeg Order insignia, so likely Italian made. Center appears to contain letters that may indicate organizational monogram.  Google search for AISM, AJSM & badge image match reveals little; Caduceus on ribbon could suggest medical connection.  American Journal of Sports Medicine Honors appear to be simply certificates.   

Another oddity herewith.  Ribbon of type associated with a series of 1960's mini collectable medals made in light weight metal or plastic.  Description:    I found this in a container full of old sewing supplies that was gifted to me. I tried googling things like "2 headed eagle medal" and similar searches but couldn't come up with anything except that it might be Russian? It's a little bigger than the size of a quarter, and it's very light weight. I can't make out what's in the circle in the middle

whats-this-medal-looking-thing-cant-make-out-whats-in-the-v0-z65g8zn7nuh81.webp

Edited by 922F
    spelchek

According to friends give above information , it could not be an Albanian medal , especially it is a single head eagle, not like two head eagle of Albania, I think it could be from English countries, like USA.

Posted (edited)

Hi just for info, this appears to have been posted before

Then there is this 

Tyrol, Province. A Matricular Eagle Order

l22_mnc1427_982.jpg?v=1692907820&width=1

Edited by Alex K