News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MEDAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY OF WESTERN SIBERIA

Here is my example of this seemly rare medal. My question is, did everyone who was working in an Oil/Gas field in Siberia in 1978 get awarded one of these... or was the selection for award recipients more complicated? I would tend to think that there were more than 25000 people working in the fields at any given time.

Is it just me, or to others have a -- I dunno -- visceral? -- artistic? -- problem with these sparkly-bright Soviet medals. If it looks like it was made just last week, maybe it was??

Am I overly suspisious? When it comes to Soviet ODM can one be so??

Hi Ed,

It never hurts to be suspisious... especially this day and age. :beer:

But I can tell you that I have had this medal for close to 15 years. It was one of the first I ever bought from Igor at Collect Russia.com(before they were on line).

Thanks Darrell,

Is that a brass suspension backing?

I have just looked at mine again... the scanner seems to add a lot of luster to it. Far more than is present in reality.

Paul

Guest Darrell

Thanks Darrell,

Is that a brass suspension backing?

I have just looked at mine again... the scanner seems to add a lot of luster to it. Far more than is present in reality.

Paul

I'm not at home to take a close look ... however it does appear like it.