News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all, attached are a couple of images of the above I was considering in investing in, all looks good to me, but anyone see any red flags, (given the plethora of convincing fakes now floating around)

Any Comments appreciated

Regards

Alex k

f6bce4f4-e0c9-4889-a006-5d7148d0fc1d.jpg

09612904-7235-4be4-80d7-1821dc11d3eb.jpg

Hi Alex, I guess it’s possible this cross has been copied but I was unaware of that. Years ago these popped up infrequently and there wasn’t much demand. That has certainly changed these past few years and prices for this cross have increased dramatically.

I don’t see any huge red flags and I like the home made trifold we often find on Saxon awards. Is the seller a reputable dealer?? A cased example recently sold on eBay.de for under 300- Euros 

Hi, thanks for the speedy reply, I don't have any major concerns about the dealer, long established and well regarded, concerns were based purely on the growing ability of fakers to produce convincing copies, which, I'm sure could fool seasoned collectors or even reputable dealers sometimes, additional perusal by other collectors gives a degree of reassurances

Thanks

Regards

Hi, it doesn't mention anything in the description, but I'll check should I decide to purchase it, 

Thanks and regards

Posted (edited)

This cross looks decent but a couple things do concern me. First, the contrast is greater than I have seen before. It could be lighting or that the owner or jeweler polished it more than a normal cross. The other thing that bothers me is the weakness in the pattern on the 9 o’clock arm over the wreath. 

791F4627-6DC2-4F6E-932B-BF64E915A073.jpeg

Edited by CRBeery

Interesting, as far as the contrast goes, photographed (or scanned) with a dark background can produce a higher than normal  contrast, the image you've posted has a more "average" light dispersal, but I take your point

Posted (edited)

Update, decided  to purchase, arrived today, attached images, arm IS stamped with an "s", must be honest, it looks 😍 

20240605_115344.jpg

20240605_115412.jpg

20240605_115704.jpg

Edited by Alex K