News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Saw this bar in Germany. Don’t understand how the only Austrian decoration is an Iron Crown mitt KD. The miniature devices all look legit to me and the combination seems plausible. But my gut is giving me pause, or am I just being paranoid? Thoughts??

IMG_2151.png

IMG_2152.png

I maybe in the minority here, but I don’t like the Austrian award in the third position after the KVK w/o S. Even in the era of the post Anschluss. 

Also the combined devices on the first Bulgarian ribbon. They look miss matched. 

Lastly, hit the whole thing with a black light and look at those threads.  

Good Morning! I don’t recall seeing an Iron Crown ribbon on the ribbon bar with swords, on the full sized bar or individual piece, yes, but not on the miniature. With the KD on the ribbon bar I think is correct.

i do agree with you that the first Bulgarian ribbon looks like mismatched devices but that doesn’t bother me as much as the only Austrian award being an Iron Crown. Seems to be a rather high level award with no other one. Not my piece, it’s on German eBay. No way to check UV and I won’t be bidding as it’s not my area of interest.

I did think it worthy of discussing.