News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Cloth Chest Eagle

Hello gents,

I finally got myself a Luftwaffe Cloth Chest Eagle yesterday at a local show, don't see many out here in BC. It checks out in blacklight and has good quality stitching, and bends easily and seamlessly. Can anybody tell me what rank and specifics this insignia is for, and basically any information on the badge? I know it's lowly on the scale, but I'm sure there are many amateurs out there as well who would like to see these insignias,and get some background on them.

Thanks ye gurus,

Pat :blush:

Hello Pat,

here is a my fathers, it is off his jump smock (Knochensack).

He used the smock after the war as coveralls in the machine shop. I still remember the filthy thing laying around in the shop.

Who knew what crazy prices they would command later.

Greetings from southern BC, Hardy

[attachmentid=39473]

Hi guys,

That is a nice match Hardy, it must be the same eagle. So was your father a paratrooper? It is funny you say that about the "coveralls" because when my grandpa brought back his souvenirs (a full officers jacket, 3 caps, and a few other items my mom and her sisters would use them for dress up and playing out on the farm, and in later years in those crazy '60's my mom wore the German officers jacket to high school! (A Mother's Day tidbit) . Eventually all the items got packed away or lost when they moved off the farm and they have been "lost" ever since. Hopefully they pop up because I don't think they thought they would be worth as much as they are now, either. Oh well, my gramps still has his fully mint captured Mauser pistol (with firing pin he smuggled back in his jacket) and all his personal stuff from his time in the RCAF.

Anyways, to answer Laurence's question, there are usually quite a few shows here in the Okanagan/Vancouver area (at least 1 every 3 or 4 months), varying in quality. This is a retirement area so many items tend to pop up around here. There is a gun show in Kamloops and Salmon Arm every year as well. How is Alberta? Any shows I shoud make the trip across the mountains to attend?

Pat

Nice photos Naxos :beer: Pat about the only good show out here that I know off, would be the Calgary gun show. You can find the odd things in the small town antique shows, mainly KvK's and Mothers crosses it seems like, and they are usually over priced. I think it's going to be more like me coming over there :P

Edited by Laurence Strong

Aventis,

You have a first rate EM eagle!

Awesome Photos Naxos. You should start a thread dedicated to your father! I personnally would be very interested to hear of his stories and see more of his wartime items!

Regards

Paul

Awesome Photos Naxos. You should start a thread dedicated to your father! I personnally would be very interested to hear of his stories and see more of his wartime items!

Regards

Paul

I agree with Paul - this would be a super thread to follow!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice breast eagles to review, and having had family members and friends serve in the German Wehrmacht myself, great to read of the personal connection of ones father having been a paratrooper during the war, then utilize his kit later on post war.

Here's a Luftwaffe breast eagle for the bone sack that I picked up not quite a year ago.