News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal for the Defense of Sevastopol

RichieC,

According to my PMD The Defense of Sevastopol was instituted on 22 December 1942. The time period considered for award is 5 November 1941 to 4 July 1942. It doesn't say anything about when it was first awarded. The document it shows has an award date of 1945.

Does anyone here on the forum know and/or have documentation on which date this medal was first actually issued? I have read that it was instituted on 22 December 1942, but was "told" that it was not issued until 1944.

Richie C

Guest Rick Research

Not early but strange. This one issued 16 June 1944 to "Comrade" Ivan Ivanovich Volynkin (apparently a civilian, part of a group already posted here someplace on an earlier thread) was issued by one "Sacheva," as Deputy Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Crimean ASSR:

[attachmentid=26860]

These were supposed to be issued at Oblast level. I've never seen one from the "Republic" level other than this one.

• 3 months later...
    Guest Alanirvine

[attachmentid=39625]

Does anyone have any idea why this one is dated 1969?

Thanks,

Alanirvine

Guest Rick Research

I cannot read your dark, angled, camera shot. Too bad, because it is some naval SECURITY unit from what I can make out in the dark shadows.

Epssssssson sssssssssscanner. You are alllllllll getttttttttting verrrrrrrrry ssssssssssleeeeeeeeeepy.

I will buy a wonderful Epson Scanner. I will buy a wonderful Epson scanner. I will buy a wonderful Epson scanner....

Epssssssson sssssssssscanner. You are alllllllll getttttttttting verrrrrrrrry ssssssssssleeeeeeeeeepy.

I will buy a wonderful Epson Scanner. I will buy a wonderful Epson scanner. I will buy a wonderful Epson scanner....

He!he!he!... :lol: It should be mandatory for posting clear pics! :P

I must say I completely agree with Rick on this one, scanners are almost always much better than digital cameras for this kind of detailed views!

Unfortunatelly my HP PSC 2355 all-in-one is simply a disaster for stuff that is not completely flat, the only thing it's good for is for scanning pictures, anything on paper, but not good for 3 dimension stuff!

So I still use my old UMAX Astra 1220P for the Medals, as the result is much better than with my more recent digital camera, a Canon PowerShot A 80. Digital cameras are only better for larger stuff, as for taking pictures of a Display case containing a number of pieces.

Dolf

Guest Rick Research

There are NO freaky convoluted, complicated, involved "resizing" and resizing the resized resizes with an Epson scanner. YOU make a scan the exact, precise, visible size YOU want, once, done. Bingo.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUNK.

Life is simple with an Epson scanner. :catjava:

Guest Rick Research

Issued 26 November 1993 (!!! :speechless1: ) to Lidiya Mikhailovna Kalyabkina by the 1st Deputy of Sevastapol City Administration.

Now THAT'S what I call a LATE issue!!!!!!

Nice scan, BTW. :rolleyes::cat: