News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe tropical boots and shoes..

Hello Jos,

Are you looking for period pictures showing tropical footwear being worn or simply the footwear in collections ?

Best,

Mark

Hello Mark,

Period pictures,but ofcourse,if someone has trop.footwear to show,please,feel free !

Yes,Paul,original trop.footwear is rather rare and hard to find.

Jos.

Sorry, Jos, I don't have any interesting or unpublished period picture of LW tropical footwear to post.

My modest contribution will only be this far from mint (but nevertheless still in collectible condition) tropical high boots.

Best,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Still a nice pair,allthough a little different they obviously belong to eachother,same color,same wear..,nice.

Jos.

You?re absolutely right Jos. This ?pair? came together and not only they don?t match in construction but also in size : one boot is 27 and the other ? 27 ?.

As a collector, I certainly prefer perfectly matching footwear, but I must say that I made an exception as I was somewhat amused to see these mismatching size boots having been worn by the same Luftwaffe soldier.

I also like the fact that the original bootlaces are still present ? and matching !

Best,

Mark

Edited by Langemark

Well wasn't he a lucky flieger or soldaten that some big-hearted supply wonk let him get a "pair" that fit rather than insisting he take two 27's or two 27.5's :P

(As an occasional cobbler I know that very few people have two feet the same size, but try and perusdae a supply clerk of that!) :cheeky:

Peter

Jos -

I've a pair of the same style of Luftwaffe tropical boots posted above as well. This pair, although not technically "tropical", were worn during the invasion of Crete.

Here's my newest pair, a set of first pattern, side laced, Luftwaffe jump boots.

Edited by Frank M

• 2 months later...