News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

That is the OLD model Prussian "LD2" Reserve-Landwehr long service brooch which was superceded by a little bronze medal in 1913. Recipients were allowed to buy their own new model but I don't believe they got any credit for turning in the old ones. This unauthorized civilian style of wearing them was VERY common in the late 1800s, but this is the first time I've ever seen one on a 1930s medal bar like this!

They were supposed to be worn the way this Uhlan is wearing his IX Years Service version:

[attachmentid=41882]

(He is wearing his 1897 Centenary Medal on the "wrong side" because of the cap cords etc etc that got in the way of cavalry dress.)

The brooch on your medal bar turned into the little medal in second place here, which is a gilded version favored by officers to make theirs look better:

[attachmentid=41883]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sal,

I thought that you might like to see a similar arrangement, as worn by a proud Brunswicker; so I brought this little group home for the weekend for a picture. I know that we have seen some examples of Baden bars mounted in this style here on the forum; but I?m not sure as to how to find them. :unsure:

I think that these bars on bar make a unique and attractive arrangement. :love:

Best wishes,

Wild Card :beer:

Hi Ulsterman,

No, this one is an 1809-1909 type that would likely be related to Infantry Regiment No. 92; which I believe was founded in 1809.

Where?s Joe? Come on, Joe! Let?s see that five piece bar w/bar, please?

Regards,

Wild Card