News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ddr generals collar patches

• 5 months later...

hello All,

I am wondering how much could cost a pair like these?

thanks!

Humberto

Hello Humberto, I paid ?6.00 for this pair several years ago, also I recently found out from the book 'army badges and insigia since 1945' by Guido Rosignoli, that these are west german, not East German as I had thought.

rgds

Pikestaff

I thought that this pattern was East German as well.

I still see these on ebay for about 20-30 dollars a set. Despite this, please bear in mind that they are real.

Regards

PAul

thank you pikestaff & Paul for your kind help! where I can find a General collar pair like this??just on ebay??

which is the diference between the East German patern and West German patern??

thanks!

Edited by Humberto Corado

thank you pikestaff & Paul for your kind help! where I can find a General collar pair like this??just on ebay??

which is the diference between the East German patern and West German patern??

thanks!

Hello, take a look at at Eherentitle's reply above.

rgds

Pikestaff

Red Eagle - Nice display of DDR General's items. Also a nice general's dagger. There is a article I posted on the WA forum sometime back that covers NVA generals daggers. It can be found at:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...ad.php?t=176869

I suspect that the shoulder boards for Marschall der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik may not be originals. According to Klaus Wather's Uniformeffekten der bewaffneten Organe der DDR Band II, only 12 pairs of these shoulder boards were made. The original Marschall's device has a real ruby in the center, copies have synthetic stones or painted red centers. There is also an article in German that Klaus Feder wrote for Militaria in May 2002 that covers the Marschall Der DDR rank:

http://www.schwanenorden.com/Artikel/Marsc...20der%20DDR.pdf

Kevin

Edited by ehrentitle