News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Grand Cross of the Romanian Crown

Hi all,

Here's another piece I got ages ago (no I won't mention that magic number :P ). I keep hoping to find the case for it but that's beginning to feel like the impossible dream.

I believe I paid around $200 to $250 for it and no idea what they're running nowadays. Yet another thing I haven't kept up with. Was a one time shot as I love the old Imperial Orders, yet they're generally way too expensive from say England. This was in my range at the time, looked great so I grabbed it. :P

[attachmentid=43073]

[attachmentid=43074]

Edited by Hauptman

Lovely!!

Little cute thing with only ages of wearing...

Finding a box for this....

can be really tricky and a long pain...

Good work!!! Only $ 250,-

Cheers

Hi Jacky,

Many thanks! :beer: But remember... that was twenty some odd years ago. I'm sure it's gone up a few cents since then. :rolleyes::P:cheeky::lol:

Dan :cheers:

Oh... 20 years....

inflation of 4 percent each year....

That would make 1,04^20 = 220% roughly

So about $550,- nowadays...

Still not a bad sale innit??

Hi Jacky,

Not too bad. Course it's one of those things I hope to never have to let go. I really love it! :love::love:

Thanks! :cheers:

Dan

Beautiful set, Dan :beer:

Hi Gerd,

Mucho thanks! And thanks again for the DDR goodies!!!! :love::love::love::love: I really love them all, and especially the sport with pendant and the full and half sized set of badges. Gonna have to find a case for those if there were any. I've seen the Soviet/DDR friendship badges in a matched set like that. Keeping my fingers crossed. Just great stuff. :jumping::jumping:

Thanks!!!! :cheers:

Dan

• 1 year later...

For those who may not have seen it yet, there is a delightful article in the January-February 2008 JOMSA: Charles H. Pankey and Dragos Baldescu, "Royal Romanian Order of the Crown (Ordinul Corona Romanie)," JOMSA 59, 1 (January-February 2008): 2-12.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

• 2 years later...

Just managed to add this... hoping to obtain the reverse medallion to bring it back to it's past glory:

Dancheers.gif

Lovely Grand cross, here's my family unfortunately without the sash or neck ribbon, maybe one day! :love:

regards

Alex K

Hi Alex,

Beautiful set! You might check with Kevin (Kev in Deva) as he sometimes runs across such things. I've wanted a case for my set ever since I got it (long before the net/forums) but unless God drops a miracle to me on that one I'm beginning to think I'll never find one at a price I can afford. Such things have gone so high since I got mine.

I'll keep my eye out too. Hopefully some ribbons will turn up soon... would love to see you be able to complete your set.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif