News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Since the Bulgarian medal and packet that I have were already posted here's my contribution... not a medal but since a wound was posted figure this one is okay:

[attachmentid=44811]

[attachmentid=44812]

[attachmentid=44813]

Dan :cheers:

Thankyou Gentlemen!

Stogie, thanks for the huge variety...this is what we want to see!

Dan! I love that badge and its packet! Super!

Keep them coming Gents! its a good reference thread...

Kind regards

Paul

Thankyou Gentlemen!

Stogie, thanks for the huge variety...this is what we want to see!

Dan! I love that badge and its packet! Super!

Keep them coming Gents! its a good reference thread...

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Many thanks! :beer: This was a "find". A realtor I knew had found a shoebox sized box in the attic of an old house... up in the rafters... filled with mostly WWI Imperial German badges and such with a few U.S. and British Aviation pieces as well. Seemed to be the kind of thing an allied soldier would have gotten from prisoners as souvenirs and just tossed together in the box. I kept the best of the several full sets of wound badges and a few other pieces and this... which I consider to be the best of the lot by far... have never seen another or even been able to find out anything much about it.

You can see the outline of the badge having been in the packet. The badge has never been sewn on a tunic either.

I truly wish I could find out more about it but it seems to be an oddball piece. May never know. But I do love it and feel very blessed to have found it. Got that whole box in trade for a rifle I'd gotten, along with accessories, powder and such for $90... and even got to keep all the accessories and supplies. All he wanted was he rifle in exchange for the whole box, minus one full set of WWI wound badges which he wanted to keep on his bookshelf in his office.

Needless to say I think I did okay on that one! :P

Dan :cheers:

Edited by Hauptman

Ralph's set is still one of the nicest little groups I ever came across! Solomon, magnificent packets!!

Thank you :D But your variety of packets is simply impressive!

There is only a small mistake :ninja:

Your very rare packet of the wound-badge is for the silver (dull-white = mattweiss) one, not for the black one... :rolleyes:

Greetings

Solomon