News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Austrian awards

Hauptmann

Hi all,

Here's my humble little collection of Austrian awards. Used to have a few more and like an idiot let them go. :speechless:;)

But kept the bulk of them so here they are for your enjoyment.

Die Milit?rverdienstmedaille (Signum Laudis)

Miltary Merit Medal

[attachmentid=44171][attachmentid=44172]

Die Kriegsmedaille 1873

The (General) War Service Medal

[attachmentid=44173][attachmentid=44174]

And last, but not least... my favorite and what I consider the jewel of my Austrian collection:

Die Jubil?ums-Kreuze 1908

The Crown Jubilee Crosses of 1908 (cased with miniature)

[attachmentid=44183]

[attachmentid=44184]

[attachmentid=44185]

[attachmentid=44186]

[attachmentid=44187]

I do hope to add more eventually. Would love some of the higher orders like the Order of Franz Joseph and even the Red Cross Order. Beautiful pieces... beautiful enamel and designs! :love::love::jumping::jumping:

Thanks for stopping by. :cheers:

Dan

Guest Rick Research

In #2 the 1898 medal is on the incorrect ribbon for the 1908 military Jubilee Cross, and the WW1 Commemorative medal is on an incorrect red "generic" ribbon for most peacetime merit awards.

The cased 1908 Jubilee Cross is on the correct (since with matching mini also :love::love: ) ribbon used at that time for the career civil service. I do not have full regulations, but believe this is not as frequently encountered as the military version because civil servants had to be over 30 with at least 3 years time in. The military one only required 2 years active duty as of the date, with no such age restriction.

In #2 the 1898 medal is on the incorrect ribbon for the 1908 military Jubilee Cross, and the WW1 Commemorative medal is on an incorrect red "generic" ribbon for most peacetime merit awards.

The cased 1908 Jubilee Cross is on the correct (since with matching mini also :love::love: ) ribbon used at that time for the career civil service. I do not have full regulations, but believe this is not as frequently encountered as the military version because civil servants had to be over 30 with at least 3 years time in. The military one only required 2 years active duty as of the date, with no such age restriction.

Hi Rick,

As always, mucho thanks! :beer: Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be to locate the ribbons I need for those two? :unsure:

Thanks! :cheers:

Dan

The case is exceptionally rare. I've seen 2 or 3 variations, all very, very hard to find, elevating this very common medal into rarified status!

Hi Rick,

Really! :o WOW! :P I had absolutely no idea. Guess when it comes to some things I have fairly good taste as this has always been one of the favorites in my collection.

Thanks... I deeply appreciate the heads up! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

• 3 years later...

military jubilee cross - all active officers, who served in military, marine and "landwehr" formations, military priests and "landwehr" officials, bandmasters of military music formations, marine cadets, cadets of ground units and on their level placed persons and military "salarists" (I hope it is a good word for someone, who becomes salary - regular income) who served in armed forces or gendarmerie. Also non-active officers and landwehr officials and priests, who served in the time of 2.12.1848-2.12.1908 as active oficers in the mentioned formations. Also those NCO and men, who had in the time of jubileum already at least 2 years served in active duty or absloved in the mentioned time "military training". from 31.12.1914 was MJC1908 awarded also to those, who were to the date 2.12.1908 not officers, but in the time of war they were made officers and the right on the cross became also reserve cadets - aspirants and one year volunteers - veterinary doctors, pharmacists and those who were enlisted in special services.

jubilee cross for civic state employees - all persons, who in the time of foundation of the cross worked active in the civic state service or on the level placed public function, those, who proved they worked so for 10 years or proved they ended they service at least one year before foundation of the cross. also persons, who worked in active state service and proved at least 3 years service and to those state and manor employees who proved at least 3 years of service and reached age of 21. laso those persons, who worked as civic employees of military formations....

...there are many more variations of case for JK 1908. they variate in used materials (from luxury cases to simple cardboard boxes), form ("oval" like U have or angular), colour (red, brown, black) and they have various "drawings" on the upper side (state emblem - A-H two headed eagle with coat of arms on his chest, state emblem and years 1848-1908, only those years, with inscription "Jubiläums Kreuz" and with/or without years 1848-1908)..

...but as a set it is not so often to see, and its a very nice... congratulations...

PS: there was a military jubilee cross sold on ebay for cca 3 weeks (cross and case like U have) and was sold for cca 152€.. unfortunatly i have missed the time of end of auction and forgot to bid... :banger::speechless: :banger:

• 6 months later...