News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some ribbon bar medal IDs please....

Hi,

I can't think what the 2nd ribbon on the top bar might be - light-medium blue with two white (not silver) stripes near the edges. The 3rd ribbon on the top bar (yellow/gold with three dark blue strikes) is Schwarzburg, correct?

On the 7 place bar, what might the 3 blue ribbons represent? I'm guessing the first one might be a KO and the second a LS but I'm not sure about the one that appears to have had a device.

Any/all help appreciated!

Regards

Mike

Obverse...

Guest Rick Research

The first Mystery Ribbon appears to be the Finnish Medal of Liberty 1st Class... but since that would be in the wrong place, it might just as well be the Greek Order of the Redeemer or ???

I'd suppose that the second pale blue on the WW1 bar was from a W?rttemberg Friedrich Order with swords. The wearer has his Prussian stuff "up front" and put the non-Prussian stuff last in "Reichs" precedence. Must gave been a military official.

With that early type ribbon bar, they foleded the device prongs over between the back of the ribbon and the top of the solid tinned backing plate--

hence the "splinters" of the prongs still in there while the device itself has fallen off.

I've got an exactly similar case only for the Baden Military Karl Friedrich Order. Prongs but no green enamel wreath. :(

The first Mystery Ribbon appears to be the Finnish Medal of Liberty 1st Class... but since that would be in the wrong place, it might just as well be the Greek Order of the Redeemer or ???

Not that it makes any more sense on there, but you've also got Bavarian Red Cross decorations on that ribbon.

-C

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the great response!

Good to know I'm not going crazy and that the blue w/ white striped ribbon is an unsual/hard one to ID.

Rick, thanks also for the possible ID on the 3rd blue ribbon. This is the first non-com EK2 ribbon bar I've purchased and the Waldeck (and now W?rttemberg connection) makes it even nore attractive - even if it is a bit tatty! Nice to hear that is also an earlier bar.

Fyi, the backing is actually a very dark blue (not dark brown as per the scan), so I assume navy? Any chance of an ID?

Kind Regards

Mike

Guest Rick Research

I don't find anybody in the naval corps that I have rank lists for... but there were many obscure branches that remain "invisible."

I'd say the Reuss ribbon is that of the wartime "Medal for Sacrificial Deeds," which despite its name and statutes seems to have ben granted as a war merit award equivalent to the Prussian War Effort Cross etc.

The combination doesn't strike me as naval--

it might even be that of a Feldgendarmerie officer, wearing their civil police uniforms as they did.