News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Few of my Favorite Things.........

This GPW 22221 looks good and all original except for the screwback plate. This plate is from Bravery or Military Merit medal, but not from the order. And of course the enamel on the upper ray is missing, but I believe you know that.

Edited by Mondvor

Now Im not happy, I sold the good one and kept the bad one, Iam going to cry :banger::angry:

Yep I new about that, its amazing when it was up for sale every one suggested that was probalby fake :rolleyes:

Order of Victory

P.S I wonder weather the guy I sold it to will do a swap with me :cheeky:

Edited by order_of_victory

MONDVOR,

If was orginal medal that was altered what happed to the orginal seriel number? :unsure:

Order of Victory

They just scratch it out. Silver is very soft metal. It takes only few minutes to competely remove serial number with a help of sandpaper. After that highly skilled fakemakers make the surface slightly pebbed with a help of sand-throwing machine. Small particles of sand are launching under a high pressure and hit the surface of the metal making it pebbed. So all traces of polishing are gone and it's hard to uncover the fake.

But in your case sand-machine was not used and polished surface is visible.